Visa advice

Ged

Hi everyone, 

Myself, wife and new born child want to immigrate to Australia ideally Brisbane area. We are happy to live outside a city if it helps the visa process. We visited last year and absolutely fell in love 🙂

I am 33 working as a construction project manager. My wife is 30 working as a Interior Designer. 

I don't have any degree but have NVQ 7 in construction project management. I have over 12 years experience with 4 years in current role. 

My wife has a masters degree in Tax Law but also has Higher Diploma in Interior Design. 

I have no job offer in Australia nor does my wife. We have no friends or family. 

I really would appreciate any advice that can help us reach our dream!!

3 hours ago, Ged said:

Thanks for replying

Do you have any good leads where I could get some advice? 

@Ged, my advice would be, don't faff around trying to get advice on the internet.  There's a lot of sharks out there willing to offer you encouraging advice, just to get your money.

By far your best bet is to book a one-off consultation with a good migration agent.   Paul Hand, who answered your post, would be a good choice.   He's shown himself to be very helpful and knowledgeable here on the forums so that has to be a good sign!  You could also try Go Matilda or Andre Burger.  Migration agents are best placed to give you an accurate idea of your chances.

Be prepared, migration is a challenging thing to do.  You'll need a lot of patience. Australia isn't crying out for migrants as in days gone by, they've become very fussy about which occupations they want -- and even if your occupation is on the list, they're very fussy about which qualifications you have, and how much experience.  Even if you have everything they want, it's like applying for a job:  there's a small number of "vacancies" and there are thousands of applicants, every one of them with the right qualifications and experience just like you.   Immigration cherry-pick only the best -- so you may not be lucky.

So what I'm saying is, be prepared for a long road and accept that there's a good chance you'll never get there.  A lot of people make the mistake of putting their UK lives on hold once they start on their migration "dream" and it's not the best idea, because you may find that Australia doesn't work out, and then you've wasted a few years.  By all means go for it, but get on with your normal life as well, in case.   Good luck.

Edited by Marisawright