Parents of Australian citizens wanting to visit Oz in 2022

Amelia 17

On 07/11/2021 at 08:55, Kezzles said:

Those who have applied for exemption can you tell me what you said to justify? I just put we want to visit our daughter who is PR as we’ve not seen her for two years. We are in good health and plan to stay with her in Victoria for 6 weeks. 
I’m hoping that’s ok? 
also I couldn’t work out bulk lodgement attachment

template so I copied application saved it and attached it. Also attached their passports snd my Passport my PR (vevo check) plus a photo of us. Hoping that’s enough too. 

Hi I also couldn’t  work out this bulk lodge my thing. How did you copy the attachment and save it? I’m not sure how to do this but. But nervous as not heard anything yet and wondering if it because I’ve done this bit wrong 

Hi, 

totally nervous about this process!!! Help! My parents want to come Jan 2022. Have applied for visa (e visitor) then the travel exemption. I attached photo of my visa (residents return was the latest one), my Medicare of proof I live here along with Australian driver licence as proof of address and that I’m here. Birth certificate that says my parents name, marriage certificate says fathers name again. Am I missing anything and what is this bulk lodgement but all about? I couldn’t work that out. 

1 hour ago, Dackml said:

What state are you in? When is the date of travel? 

I am in Victoria, my parents who applied for exemption are in Delhi. They applied for 600 on the 24/10 and exemption on the 29/10. Exemption came on 4/11 but no sign of visa yet.

On 10/11/2021 at 17:20, Coolpb said:

I am in Victoria, my parents who applied for exemption are in Delhi. They applied for 600 on the 24/10 and exemption on the 29/10. Exemption came on 4/11 but no sign of visa yet.

Visa granted yesterday for us, so 14 days in total from applying for visa to grant. Although it is multiple entry, only 6 months maximum stay and 3 years visitors visa.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 13:47, Dackml said:

Ok that’s great. When are they coming? I have not heard anything yet. Been 8 days since I applied for visa and travel exemption. Wondering if that’s because they don’t want to come until January. Wondering if they are at bottom Of list?!

Well my parents are due to arrive 1st week of December. So was lucky to get it in time as they already had their flights booked too. 

4 minutes ago, falpat said:

My Dad’s evisitor (651) got approved today, he applied on 27 Oct! 

Exemption was already approved, that took 7 days.

Out of curiosity how long did he get the visa for? Multiple entry with 6 months max stay and total 3 yrs visa for my dad.

11 hours ago, Coolpb said:

Out of curiosity how long did he get the visa for? Multiple entry with 6 months max stay and total 3 yrs visa for my dad.

I think you did the 600 visa for your Dad. The evisitor 651 is different I think, it’s just 1 year, allowed to enter 3 months at a time during that period.

I’m not too sure how the 600 works, maybe we should have done that one, not sure what the differences are.

Does anybody have any idea of the rule regarding a partner of the parent of the Australian citizen. My son is in Victoria I divorced in 2000 and  I have been with my partner ever since but he is obviously not the Father. Pre pandemic we travelled several times as a couple to visit him and obviously we live at the same address but we are not married.

3 hours ago, Clyde114 said:

Hi all

Finally my UK parents e651 was approved today, after applying around 7/11, we actually got the exemption approved first, then the visa which I believe is what caused the wait,

Good luck everyone!

Cheers Nick 

My husband and I applied 7/11 as well but no e651 visa as yet.  Exemption was granted 15/11. We did apply for the Visa first and had a reference number to enter on our exemption application so it looks like it doesn't make any difference which order you apply!  As a matter of interest when are your parents due to travel?  We are not due to travel until January so wondering if this is the reason for the delay.    

3 minutes ago, Sue 320 said:

My husband and I applied 7/11 as well but no e651 visa as yet.  Exemption was granted 15/11. We did apply for the Visa first and had a reference number to enter on our exemption application so it looks like it doesn't make any difference which order you apply!  As a matter of interest when are your parents due to travel?  We are not due to travel until January so wondering if this is the reason for the delay.    

They’re travelling 15/12 so yep most probably the reason, good luck!

Just now, Clyde114 said:

They’re travelling 15/12 so yep most probably the reason, good luck!

Thank you so much.  It's so nerve-racking isn't it?  First thing I do every morning is check our emails! Have a great time with your parents and a brilliant Christmas!

On 24/11/2021 at 06:00, Sue 320 said:

I applied for my and my husbands e651 on 6/11.  Mine was granted before I had even finished entering my husbands details!  His has come through today, so we are ready to finish the exemptions and Sydney here we come....Enjoy when you get there

7 hours ago, Stellathedog said:

I applied for my and my husbands e651 on 6/11.  Mine was granted before I had even finished entering my husbands details!  His has come through today, so we are ready to finish the exemptions and Sydney here we come....Enjoy when you get there

Thank you for the update!  Still no sign of ours!  It does help to hear what the timelines have been for others.  Hopefully by the beginning of next week ours might have come through.  Have a great time in Sydney!

Any one else got any timelines for e651 grants after exemption granted please.  We applied for the Visa and then the exemption on the 7th November.  Exemption came through on the 15th November.  Still no e651 though.  Not sure if our date of travel early January 2022 is affecting our visa grant.  Thanks in advance! 

I have just cancelled a 4th December departure since visa has not tuned up, despite it being received on the 4th of November. You will note I came late to the discussion and so in ignorance applied for PARENT OF OZ CIITIZEN exemption first. I was not. able to put a Visa reference in the Exemption request. I have been told by Dept home Affairs help line that it does not matter the order of application . I think this is wrong. I  Trailfinders Visa Dept also said it would not matter the order. I have now made new Exemption request, now with the Visa application reference number, so will let you know if this works.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Culterguy said:

I have just cancelled a 4th December departure since visa has not tuned up, despite it being received on the 4th of November. You will note I came late to the discussion and so in ignorance applied for PARENT OF OZ CIITIZEN exemption first. I was not. able to put a Visa reference in the Exemption request. I have been told by Dept home Affairs help line that it does not matter the order of application . I think this is wrong. I  Trailfinders Visa Dept also said it would not matter the order. I have now made new Exemption request, now with the Visa application reference number, so will let you know if this works.

Thank you so much for posting we really, really appreciate it - I do remember your original post actually.  Been following this thread diligently for weeks!  We did put our visa reference numbers in when applying for our exemption so from what I gathered this should 'flag' the visa approval. My fear is that this flag has not been raised/applied to our visa grant - I am sure the home affairs dept dealing with exemptions is very busy and mistakes can be made with the workload.  We are fortunate as we are not flying until January (wish we hadn't booked the flights now but thought with that lead time it would be fine!) so have a bit of time in hand.  I wondered if our January travel date was holding it up and should I have put an earlier date but your post suggests that wouldn't have made any difference.  I did actually say to my husband this morning should we reapply for our exemption and see if it triggers the visa.  I await your updates.  Good luck!  I feel like we are the only folks getting nowhere but at least we are not alone!      

I just got through to the helpline, they of course point out straight away that they cannot discuss individual application, they have no access! and was also advised of course I should look at the processing times on the visa application site. 30 days to 7months!! The lady there said that if I put another new exemption in with the Visa reference, this may help. I did this a week ago and have not seen any movement on 'new exemption' or visa.