Hamish

Applying for e visitor 651 on UK passport

Hi...

I'm a UK passport holder living in Spain. I'm not a Spanish citizen. I have residencia in Spain meaning I am taxed in Spain but don't have a Spanish passport and neither am I entitled to vote..

I still have an address in the UK.

When applying for my e visitor 651, can I put my UK address on my application? 

You put your actual address. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

Hi...

I'm a UK passport holder living in Spain. I'm not a Spanish citizen. I have residencia in Spain meaning I am taxed in Spain but don't have a Spanish passport and neither am I entitled to vote..

I still have an address in the UK.

When applying for my e visitor 651, can I put my UK address on my application? 

Your current address is where you reside.  You’ve said you live and pay taxes in Spain, that’s your address. 

Why on earth are you concerned about giving an address in Spain? I can understand that if you were currently residing in Afghanistan you might be worried about your address affecting your visitor visa being granted, but Spain? What difference is that going to make?

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

Nothing to do with where I reside..

When I enter details for the 651 and enter UK Passport and place of residence as Spain, there's  message saying I cant apply a 651..

It could be that I need to select British National Overseas or one of the other Passport status from the dropdown list.

33 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Nothing to do with where I reside..

When I enter details for the 651 and enter UK Passport and place of residence as Spain, there's  message saying I cant apply a 651..

It could be that I need to select British National Overseas or one of the other Passport status from the dropdown list.

Well it won't be British National Overseas - that's a different passport altogether (and one that doesn't entitle you to a 651). You need to be a British Citizen (or a Spanish citizen or one of the other 30 or so eligible citizenships) to apply. Can't see anything to prevent a prevent a British Citizen resident in Spain from applying though.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia) www.kbfayers.com

46 minutes ago, Ken said:

Can't see anything to prevent a prevent a British Citizen resident in Spain from applying though.

Nor can I ... there is likely another issue that you haven't told us of or are unaware of.

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.