Medicare card renewal? Automatic or not?

Not sure if this is the correct area to post but according to the medicare site if your medicare card is about to expire they send a new one 4-8 weeks prior expiration.

When I applied for the medicare card the card lasted for 2 years, until the 2nd of the 2 year period of my BvA(820 partner visa when i first applied onshore November 2019)

As i have now been granted my 820 and the 2 year period ends next month, will they be sending me a new medicare card automatically or do I need to do something due to being on a visa?

Mainly asking since I dont want to end up having problems when I go for the 2nd vaccination appointment if the card expired inbetween.

15 hours ago, rammygirl said:

You can check online that they have the correct address. Create an account that way even if you don’t receive a physical card on time you will have an electronic one to show. 

Yeah have set up a mygov accounted and connected medicare so address and everything is updated there, I just dont know if they are gonna send a new card automatically or if i ll need to do something, but yeah forgot about the digital version from it so that should suffice if it expires i assume.