ANMAC skills assessment

TheBs

Hi all,

Can anyone advise, I've got my IELTS booked, and I have contacted NMC for verification of qualifications. They said once certificate issued it lasts 3 months 

Is this 3 months to then complete the rest of your skills assessment and once completed that's then valid for longer or 3 months Inc visa application time? I'm sure its the former as I can't see it expiring when visa application can take more than 3 months??

Also has anyone needed to make an AHPRA? How long did the whole process take for you?

Hello again Bs 👋 

i hope its the former as my NMC certificate expires next week and I don’t think my (very recently!) submitted skills assessment will be done before then. Presumably once ANMAC have signed you off the NMC certificate isn’t needed for the rest of the visa application, although I guess we will have to get another one when we register with AHPRA?

Good luck with your English test, I felt such a sense of relief once that was done and dusted, but now finding myself obsessively checking my ANMAC account despite the fact current processing times are apparently 7-8 weeks.

Hey 👋 Thank you,

I have done the English test before when we started the process 7 yrs ago (think that certificate has expired now 🤣

I think you are right, just my husband started having a wobble, and like i said, knowing how long the whole process takes it can't expire once the initial process is done.

I asked the NMC and they were really helpful they said when I fill out the form for ANMAC and then there's an option for APHRA as well. Though from what I've read you can't register for APHRA until you're out there as it has to be done in person.. I may have misunderstood that though.

Will you need to do a bridging course? X

Yes I think you have to present in person to finalise the APHRA registration and in normal times they only give you three months to do so, but from seeing posts on here i think they’ve been granting extensions because of covid. 

Luckilly I did the degree instead of the diploma so no bridging course needed. What does the bridging course entail and do you need it for ANMAC or APHRA? Has it meant you will be getting out there later than originally planned?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheBs said:

I'm not 100% I need to do one I was diploma trained and then do a post grad degree, it's for APHRA registration so I won't find out till I'm out there. 

So I will get out there and then go from there 

if you are degree trained then you won't need to do a bridging course.