Question on submitting partner visa and documents

emmajane0429

I apologise if these questions been asked,

When applying for the partner visa online do i have to submit the application and pay before i can upload any documents? I cannot locate anywhere to add anything.

The form asked me for the details of 2 people who can write a reference confirming our relationship. Do i get them to fill in form 888, have this witnessed along with a copy of their passport and then give me the documents to scan and submit or will Immi contact them to get the references.

If i have to submit them should i wait till i have them back and then submit the application or can i submit them at a later date.

Does the sponsor need to fill a form in?

Sorry, dont want to do it all wrong seeing as its asking for so much money!

33 minutes ago, emmajane0429 said:

When applying for the partner visa online do i have to submit the application and pay before i can upload any documents? I cannot locate anywhere to add anything.

The form asked me for the details of 2 people who can write a reference confirming our relationship. Do i get them to fill in form 888, have this witnessed along with a copy of their passport and then give me the documents to scan and submit or will Immi contact them to get the references.

If i have to submit them should i wait till i have them back and then submit the application or can i submit them at a later date.

Does the sponsor need to fill a form in?

- Yes

- The former

generally it’s better to have them in hand before submitting (and in some cases it’s absolutely necessary)

- yes

3 hours ago, emmajane0429 said:

Hi Emma. As Paul says you will need to provide the statutory declarations. From personal experience I would definitely make sure you have the fully completed 888 forms ready to upload before applying for the visa. Some of my family/friends took almost 2 months to complete them 😫

@emmajane0429,  I hope you're aware of all the other mountain of evidence you need to submit.  A lot of people use an agent these days for the 309 because it's so expensive, and the department is so unforgiving about mistakes.

If you want to do it yourself, I'd strongly suggest you pay someone like Paul (who posted above) to check over your application before you submit it.  That will be cheaper than getting an agent to handle the whole thing but still gives you peace of mind.

Ok great thanks for the reply’s everyone, I’ve made a huge effort today to ensure I have everything I need. I actually have a ton of evidence dating back 13 years so have documented it all in order and ready to upload. 
I will wait for the 888 forms to come back first. I was just a bit unsure as I have already done this 20 years ago for a previous partner but it was all done by snail mail so slightly different uploading it all online. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Im not concerned that it wont be approved, our kids have just been granted citizenship, only took 3 weeks. Ive submitted the application and uploaded all the documents i had. Same day ive received a message to book the medical which i am doing now.

Question - Do i need to apply for UK police clearance now along with filling out Form80 (Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment) I think i missed this before on the list of requirements, not sure if you have to submit this or wait to see if you are asked for it?

Form 80 ask heaps of the same questions i have already answered in the online application! Seems unnecessary!

Edited by emmajane0429
added

On 26/09/2021 at 01:14, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

As someone who has recently gone through this process can I just say that there is no way on earth I could have got to the stage where my application was sufficiently detailed without an agent

I would strongly advise you use one given the cost of this visa

Having gone through this process recently I would advise that paying out for an agent - on top of the already exorbitant application fee is not necessary. The paperwork is tedious and very repetative but not difficult. It took a coupl eof months - but a lot of the time is spent waiting for police checks, having medical appt,waiting for friends return stat. decs etc. We dont have much in joint names - ie utitilites or bank accounts but as long as you can submit bills/statements that have the same address and can go back several years. You can include screen shots from social media, we even included wedding anniversary cards. We just threw everything that looked applicable at the application. They are more interested in catching out people who are not in a genuine relationship. My big tip is to buy a scanner - makes it so much easier to get the documents you need online. From applying to having visa granted was about 4 months.

18 hours ago, emmajane0429 said:

Thanks, Im not concerned that it wont be approved, our kids have just been granted citizenship, only took 3 weeks. Ive submitted the application and uploaded all the documents i had. Same day ive received a message to book the medical which i am doing now.

Question - Do i need to apply for UK police clearance now along with filling out Form80 (Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment) I think i missed this before on the list of requirements, not sure if you have to submit this or wait to see if you are asked for it?

Form 80 ask heaps of the same questions i have already answered in the online application! Seems unnecessary!

Medical requests are automatic. 

At the moment, I supply police checks with the application so as not to hold things up. Form 80 is generally required, it is used by a different area. I always supply one for partner applications. 

• Like 2

Having gone through this process recently I would advise that paying out for an agent - on top of the already exorbitant application fee is not necessary. The paperwork is tedious and very repetative but not difficult. It took a coupl eof months - but a lot of the time is spent waiting for police checks, having medical appt,waiting for friends return stat. decs etc. We dont have much in joint names - ie utitilites or bank accounts but as long as you can submit bills/statements that have the same address and can go back several years. You can include screen shots from social media, we even included wedding anniversary cards. We just threw everything that looked applicable at the application. They are more interested in catching out people who are not in a genuine relationship. My big tip is to buy a scanner - makes it so much easier to get the documents you need online. From applying to having visa granted was about 4 months.

I think we will agree to disagree

• 3 months later...
On 14/10/2021 at 13:36, emmajane0429 said:

Hey Emmajane, 

Congrats on your visa being granted so quickly btw (noticed on another thread!) 

I had a wee question I was hoping you could help with if you don't mind? 

I lodged my partner visa last night (I'm in the UK) and it mentions under 'health assessment' to organise my health checks. Did you go ahead and organise your health check at this point, or did you wait until you got an actual message in your Immi account to organise these? 

I'm seeing lots of comments from people who don't organise their health assessment for a while due to the processing times, so just wondered what your experience was like. 

Thanks so much!

Kayleigh 🙂

4 minutes ago, KayleighMcK said:

Hey Emmajane, 

I lodged my partner visa last night (I'm in the UK) and it mentions under 'health assessment' to organise my health checks. Did you go ahead and organise your health check at this point, or did you wait until you got an actual message in your Immi account to organise these? 

I'm seeing lots of comments from people who don't organise their health assessment for a while due to the processing times, so just wondered what your experience was like. 

Thanks so much!

Kayleigh 🙂

Personally, I would get them done now and the police checks, if you haven't already done so. Many applications in the UK are still going through quickly.

Thank you so much Paul! 
I have uploaded my ACRO police certificate & as I worked in the US I’m waiting to get my police clearance from there so have uploaded my receipt of this in the meantime. 

I’ve emailed an Aussie recommended health assessment centre so once they reply I’ll try get booked in as quickly as I can. Thank you very much for your advice it’s so appreciated! 

2 hours ago, KayleighMcK said:

Hey Emmajane, 

Thanks so much!

Kayleigh 🙂

Hi Kayleigh,

Yes it was so quick!

Yes we arranged the health check straight away, there are only a few options of places to go to have this done so may involve a day trip that needs organising in advance.

Above Paul is a good source of knowledge so always best to go by what he says.

Good luck

• 2 months later...
On 01/02/2022 at 12:14, paulhand said:

Personally, I would get them done now and the police checks, if you haven't already done so. Many applications in the UK are still going through quickly.

On 01/02/2022 at 14:30, emmajane0429 said:

Hi Kayleigh,

Yes it was so quick!

Yes we arranged the health check straight away, there are only a few options of places to go to have this done so may involve a day trip that needs organising in advance.

Above Paul is a good source of knowledge so always best to go by what he says.

Good luck

Hello both, this is a wee thank you as my 309 visa was granted this week, exactly 8 weeks after lodging 🎉 I really appreciate your advice on this thread and answering my questions! Thank you again! Take care X 

• Like 1