Vaccine passport for visitor while awaiting temp partner visa/Medicare?

lotsw87

Hi there

Not sure where the appropriate place is to post this but i'm travelling (supposedly) to Sydney early November with my Aussie partner to live permanently. I'm double vaxxed with Moderna. We have applied for a 309 offshore partner visa, and I also have a visitor visa 651 and travel exemption. The plan is to be a tourist until my offshore visa is approved - hopefully early 2022.

Anyway what with things opening up early October and talk of vaccine passports to get into restaurants and the like in NSW, does anyone know what will be the fix for someone like me who is a tourist in Australia?! I would hate to not be allowed into venues because of you have to have Medicare or something to be able to register your overseas vaccines! I was thinking just to get travel insurance for time I am in Sydney on a visitor visa, but is there a way I can enroll in Medicare? I can just see them not bothering to make a way for non residents to show their vaccine status. 

Thanks

10 hours ago, lotsw87 said:

Anyway what with things opening up early October and talk of vaccine passports to get into restaurants and the like in NSW, does anyone know what will be the fix for someone like me who is a tourist in Australia?! I would hate to not be allowed into venues because of you have to have Medicare or something to be able to register your overseas vaccines!.... I can just see them not bothering to make a way for non residents to show their vaccine status. 

I agree with you, I can just see them doing nothing about vaccine passports for overseas visitors until next year, because there are so few of them. I"m not even sure if getting enrolled in Medicare will solve the problem.