1 Year RRV due to expire whilst offshore due to Covid

RioMarina

Hi All

I was gratefully awarded a 1Year RRV last November and presently based in the UK. I have tried to return to OZ, but have been unable to secure flights  due to Covid restrictions and my visa expiry date (Nov21) is quickly getting closer. Is there any other persons in the same situation with any solution to this problem or any agents that could help me either return or have experience of getting an extension. I have now been out of OZ for more than 5 years now, so I am worried that I would not be allowed to apply for a new RRV. Many Thanks Rio.

11 hours ago, RioMarina said:

I have now been out of OZ for more than 5 years now, so I am worried that I would not be allowed to apply for a new RRV.

You can apply, but the barriers to success do get higher after 5 years. As Westley says, it would make sense to set up a consultation to understand how this works and what your options are. 

Edited by paulhand

14 hours ago, RioMarina said:

Hi All

I was gratefully awarded a 1Year RRV last November and presently based in the UK. I have tried to return to OZ, but have been unable to secure flights  due to Covid restrictions and my visa expiry date (Nov21) is quickly getting closer. 

If you are registered with DFAT, you should've been receiving emails when flights were released. Check your spam or junk folders to make sure those emails haven't been going astray, and add the email address to your Contacts so you get the next one.  

However, I wouldn't be waiting for a repatriation flight.  Flights are available and we've had a few members arrive in the last few weeks, so it can be done. You should be moving heaven and earth to get a flight before November.

On 21/09/2021 at 18:43, RioMarina said:

Hi All

I was gratefully awarded a 1Year RRV last November and presently based in the UK. I have tried to return to OZ, but have been unable to secure flights  due to Covid restrictions and my visa expiry date (Nov21) is quickly getting closer. Is there any other persons in the same situation with any solution to this problem or any agents that could help me either return or have experience of getting an extension. I have now been out of OZ for more than 5 years now, so I am worried that I would not be allowed to apply for a new RRV. Many Thanks Rio.

Hi

I’m in the same position as you although my RRV expired in August this year. There doesn’t appear to be an option for this to be extended, unfortunately you just have to reapply. I have put reapplying off until the situation with flights etc improves, however I know my chances of being granted another RRV are slim now!

28 minutes ago, scmercer said:

Hi

I’m in the same position as you although my RRV expired in August this year. There doesn’t appear to be an option for this to be extended, unfortunately you just have to reapply. I have put reapplying off until the situation with flights etc improves, however I know my chances of being granted another RRV are slim now!

It will likely take 3 months to process and be valid for a year thereafter. So if you are eligible why not apply - the longer you leave it, the harder it gets.

• Like 1