Student Visa

WelderGuy5

17 minutes ago, WelderGuy5 said:

Any Registered Agent here for student enrolment from overseas in Universities in Adelaide in Pharmacology or Computer science degrees.

You don't need an agent to get you enrolled in a university course in Australia. It's a complete waste of money.  if you qualify to enrol in a course, just contact the universities and apply.  An agent won't give you any advantage whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You don't need an agent to get you enrolled in a university course in Australia. It's a complete waste of money.  if you qualify to enrol in a course, just contact the universities and apply.  An agent won't give you any advantage whatsoever. 

Tried but they responded that they only operate thru Agents for Uni of Adelaide and UNISA

We are talking about education agents here, not migration agents. They get paid by the eduction provider, so don’t charge the applicant. Therefore, you shouldn’t necessarily expect completely unbiased advice such as you would get from someone you were paying. 

There are some providers that do offer both services. 

Edited by paulhand

Just now, paulhand said:

We are talking about education agents here, not migration agents. They get paid by the eduction provider, so don’t charge the applicant. Therefore, don’t necessarily expect completely unbiased advice as you would get from someone you were paying. 

There are some providers that do offer both services. 

Thanks Paul 

Can u refer please.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, WelderGuy5 said:

Tried but they responded that they only operate thru Agents for Uni of Adelaide and UNISA

Where are you based?   You only need an agent if you are in one of the following countries:

• The Middle East
  • North Africa
  • Sub-Saharan Africa
  • South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka)
  • Philippines
  • Vietnam
  • Latin America

Otherwise you just apply straight to the university.  

If you are in one of those countries, then note that you must use an agent that's approved by the university and there is a list on teh University of Adelaide website.

Edited by Marisawright

On 21/09/2021 at 20:20, Marisawright said:

Where are you based?   You only need an agent if you are in one of the following countries:

• The Middle East
  • North Africa
  • Sub-Saharan Africa
  • South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka)
  • Philippines
  • Vietnam
  • Latin America

Otherwise you just apply straight to the university.  

If you are in one of those countries, then note that you must use an agent that's approved by the university and there is a list on teh University of Adelaide website.

Hii Marisa

Its South Asia so Uni only want applications thru Agents. 

40 minutes ago, WelderGuy5 said:

Hii Marisa

Its South Asia so Uni only want applications thru Agents. 

OK, then you must use one of these agents for University of Adelaide:

https://international.adelaide.edu.au/admissions/find-a-university-of-adelaide-agent

and for UNISA, you must use one of these:

https://international.unisa.edu.au/how-to-apply/find-an-education-agent/

On 21/09/2021 at 19:05, Marisawright said:

Can an applicant satisfy GTE? Prospective student visa applicants should search this  minefield.

Will the proposed course of study lead anywhere except the bank?

A few facts:

Not so long ago 90% of student visa applications from the Indian subcontinent were refused, regardless of the merits of the case.

There was a time when many course providers would not deal with registered migration agents, but would deal with 'education agents' or unregistered agents who assured applicants that they had a 100% success rate and students could 'change their status' once they were in Australia and still do. Commissions ranged from 10% to 40%, the higher rates were offered by the less reputable course providers; to put it politely. Could this have been because RMAs might fully assess a case and act in a client's best interests? A diploma in utter BS from the school of hard knocks will not lead to PR and I cannot advise you which (if any) course might be related to an occupation on a skilled occupation list in 3, 4, 5... years from now.

Registered migration agents are required to let a client know about any commissions they receive; other parties are not. Some parties take a commission and charge fees as well. I have never accepted a commission from anybody and I never shall, although I was once threatened with dire outcomes by the ATO for not declaring commissions, and in passing, for having fees lower than the industry average. I have no doubt this came from data matching with the OMARA.

THE department permits unregistered overseas parties to offer migration advice as well as 'education' advice. Onshore parties do so too, under the table.

I have advised clients who would  have met the points score had they studied in a regional or low growth region, but were badly advised by a representative who had their a snouts in the wrong trough.

When I advise prospective students about their chances of achieving PR by completing a course in Australia, or even my assessment of their prospect's of completing the course, they nearly always decide not to proceed. If they decide to apply I advise them how to do it themselves.

If you want to know the % of overseas students who finish up with PR (partner visas excepted) send THE department a FoI request.

Those who want an Australian qualification to take home might have visa refusal, with the minister pocketing the visa application charge, or at the worst, an humiliating failure leaving them $100K or more poorer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 16:18, wrussell said:

Can an applicant satisfy GTE? Prospective student visa applicants should search this  minefield.

Will the proposed course of study lead anywhere except the bank?

A few facts:

Not so long ago 90% of student visa applications from the Indian subcontinent were refused, regardless of the merits of the case.

There was a time when many course providers would not deal with registered migration agents, but would deal with 'education agents' or unregistered agents who assured applicants that they had a 100% success rate and students could 'change their status' once they were in Australia and still do. Commissions ranged from 10% to 40%, the higher rates were offered by the less reputable course providers; to put it politely. Could this have been because RMAs might fully assess a case and act in a client's best interests? A diploma in utter BS from the school of hard knocks will not lead to PR and I cannot advise you which (if any) course might be related to an occupation on a skilled occupation list in 3, 4, 5... years from now.

Registered migration agents are required to let a client know about any commissions they receive; other parties are not. Some parties take a commission and charge fees as well. I have never accepted a commission from anybody and I never shall, although I was once threatened with dire outcomes by the ATO for not declaring commissions, and in passing, for having fees lower than the industry average. I have no doubt this came from data matching with the OMARA.

THE department permits unregistered overseas parties to offer migration advice as well as 'education' advice. Onshore parties do so too, under the table.

I have advised clients who would  have met the points score had they studied in a regional or low growth region, but were badly advised by a representative who had their a snouts in the wrong trough.

When I advise prospective students about their chances of achieving PR by completing a course in Australia, or even my assessment of their prospect's of completing the course, they nearly always decide not to proceed. If they decide to apply I advise them how to do it themselves.

If you want to know the % of overseas students who finish up with PR (partner visas excepted) send THE department a FoI request.

Those who want an Australian qualification to take home might have visa refusal, with the minister pocketing the visa application charge, or at the worst, an humiliating failure leaving them $100K or more poorer.

Thanks mate 

• Like 1