Taking Defacto partner (and mother of British Citizen) to UK - which Visa

LondonGuy2013

HI All,

I am a British Citizen, my defacto partner is Colombian and we have a 9 month old daughter who is a dual UK/AU national and a passport for both.

Our mothers have never met our daughter (their first grandchild) and we will be applying in October for an exemption to leave Australia and plan to be our of Australia for 8 to 12 months from January 2022.   We want to travel to the UK in January for a few weeks to see my family and then will go to Colombia for a few months and then to Spain (where my mum is based) for a few months and then back to UK for a few weeks before we return back to Australia sometime around October 2022. 

My question is should I apply for a 'family permit'(fee free) for my Colombian partner? I'm really confused with the different pathways on offer (Close family member of an EEA or Swiss national / Family member of a qualifying British citizen (Surinder Singh route) etc)

Should I be looking at a different visa altogether or am I on the right track? If anyone can help and simplify this for me I would really appreciate it! TIA