EOI - Clarity on "family" members and Experience calculation

Yetirat

Hi all,

Seeking some clarity on two line items specifically relating to the EOI:

1. I'm in a defacto relationship with my partner and I have a child. For the "Would the client be accompanied by their partner in a future application?" I've said "yes" because we'll be claiming points for her occupation and english. When approaching the "How many family members?" question is it "1" for my child only given that my partner is included in my application with her own skills and english assessment? Is "defacto" classed as a family member or not? Or is the correct answer "2" to include both my defacto partner and child?

2. This relates to the employment experience. Vetassess do this thing where they subtract 1 year from your experience with this explanation:

"the employment was used to calculate the qualifying period required to meet the skill level of the nominated or closely related ANZSCO occupation"

My question is, if I have 8 years of experience and then Vetassess confirm that as 7 years with 1 year deducted, when I complete the experience section in the EOI it looks at my actual employment  dates and at the end awards points for 8 years (an extra 5 points compared to 7) when it shows total points. Should I be entering this differently in the EOI? Do I take my one role with 8 years experience and break it out so that it has a line for that role with 1 year and then uncheck the box for "claim points for this role" and then create another line for the same role with 7 years experience and check that box to claim the points?

Don't want to be accused of trying to dupe the system by trying to claim points for a year that I can't claim for, but I'm also unsure on how the EOI needs this info conveyed, if at all?

Thanks in advance for any guidance here.

Thanks both,

Appreciate the guidance here.

On 20/09/2021 at 23:55, wrussell said:

1. (2)

2. Declare all work experience and claim for points only relevant work experience that has not been deducted. The opinions of VETASSESS are only advisory and are not binding on DHA delegates, but are usually not disputed.

Just one other question on this - both myself and my partner resigned from our full time roles and both of us are freelancing for the same companies we used to work for fulltime. The hours vary and at times are less than the minimum 20 hrs per week for "skilled employment'. I can't see now because the state lists only speak to applicants from within Oz, but will this be a problem if they open up to apps from offshore candidates and we're not currently working "full time" in our nominated occupations? Even though we've had successful skills assessments with sufficient years for the points we need and occupations we nominated.

Best.

21 hours ago, Yetirat said:

Thanks both,

Appreciate the guidance here.

Just one other question on this - both myself and my partner resigned from our full time roles and both of us are freelancing for the same companies we used to work for fulltime. The hours vary and at times are less than the minimum 20 hrs per week for "skilled employment'. I can't see now because the state lists only speak to applicants from within Oz, but will this be a problem if they open up to apps from offshore candidates and we're not currently working "full time" in our nominated occupations? Even though we've had successful skills assessments with sufficient years for the points we need and occupations we nominated.

Best.

No. No issue.