Jump to content
RandL

What are the current removal costs

Recommended Posts

I would be interested by how much the removal costs have gone up , we moved  in 2018 and our cost for sole 20" container to Perth was about £3500 without insurance .

Just wondering what people are getting quoted now . Probably need only a shared container this time , as the stuff we take with us gets less every time we move .

Been Ping Ponging for a while .

We came back in 2020, thought we were missing something but things didn't work out and now aiming to return to Perth sometime end next year when travel restrictions hopefully are more relaxed, making  this a bit easier again.

 

Any input would be appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We paid £4200 in Sept 2020 arrived December . Cambridge to Perth door to door 20 ft container no problems

 


Perth Bound.  Northern Suburbs  
Queue date 103 visa 24/08/2015

Applied for 143 visa 06/01/2020 

Acknowledgement date 21/01/2020

Request for further documents 06/02/2020

Uk & Australian police checks done 11/02/2020

Form 80 completed 12/02/2020

two medical done 11/02/2020 (one referral to GP high blood pressure)

Request for AOS bond received 05/03/2020 bond paid 06/03/2020

AOS approved 13/03/2020

2nd VAC request 19/03/2020

Paid 2nd VAC 23/03/2020

Visa granted 02/06/2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

We paid £4200 in Sept 2020 arrived December . Cambridge to Perth door to door 20 ft container no problems

 

thanks for sharing , hopefully we are getting  back to a new normal soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2021 at 13:28, palaceboy1 said:

We paid £4200 in Sept 2020 arrived December . Cambridge to Perth door to door 20 ft container no problems

 

which shipping company did you use please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Waldo said:

which shipping company did you use please

Pretloves of Saffron Walden and Epping


Perth Bound.  Northern Suburbs  
Queue date 103 visa 24/08/2015

Applied for 143 visa 06/01/2020 

Acknowledgement date 21/01/2020

Request for further documents 06/02/2020

Uk & Australian police checks done 11/02/2020

Form 80 completed 12/02/2020

two medical done 11/02/2020 (one referral to GP high blood pressure)

Request for AOS bond received 05/03/2020 bond paid 06/03/2020

AOS approved 13/03/2020

2nd VAC request 19/03/2020

Paid 2nd VAC 23/03/2020

Visa granted 02/06/2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

getting quoted £5100 from uk to Brisbane 20 ft container

Edited by Waldo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

getting quoted £5100 from uk to Brisbane 20 ft container

Good luck with your move to Brisbane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2021 at 09:39, RandL said:

 

I would be interested by how much the removal costs have gone up , we moved  in 2018 and our cost for sole 20" container to Perth was about £3500 without insurance .

Just wondering what people are getting quoted now . Probably need only a shared container this time , as the stuff we take with us gets less every time we move .

Been Ping Ponging for a while .

We came back in 2020, thought we were missing something but things didn't work out and now aiming to return to Perth sometime end next year when travel restrictions hopefully are more relaxed, making  this a bit easier again.

 

Any input would be appreciated 

Hi - As you've been ping ponging for a while, wondered if you could answer me a question? We're making the move (first time around) from UK to Oz later this year. I'm just weighing up and costing options e.g. shipping containers v renting our house out here fully furnished etc. and wondered what you'd consider worth shipping?

Think we're going to have to ship some bits as have bikes, surfboards, kayaks etc that we'd want out there, but just not sure what to do with main house contents, as we won't be selling our UK home until we've 'tried before we buy' and our visa would mean we'd get hit with Foreign Investors Tax anyway, so we'd wait until we had PR.

Just curious if you've done it a few times now, what makes the list...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jo.b said:

Hi - As you've been ping ponging for a while, wondered if you could answer me a question? We're making the move (first time around) from UK to Oz later this year. I'm just weighing up and costing options e.g. shipping containers v renting our house out here fully furnished etc. and wondered what you'd consider worth shipping?

Think we're going to have to ship some bits as have bikes, surfboards, kayaks etc that we'd want out there, but just not sure what to do with main house contents, as we won't be selling our UK home until we've 'tried before we buy' and our visa would mean we'd get hit with Foreign Investors Tax anyway, so we'd wait until we had PR.

Just curious if you've done it a few times now, what makes the list...

just arrived in OZ yesterday :). it really depends on how much you think you get use out of the items to take. this time around ( UK-OZ) we just bought a new sofa and washing machine so it was making sense to take them , plus  office equipment I need plus sentimental stuff, pictures....  we approach it this way , stuff that's not negotiable, then all the other stuff if it makes financial sense. Because Aussie quarantine regulations are so strict, we left most of our gardening stuff in the UK.  When I went back last time we were working on ~ £5 per cubic feet, this time around it's more like ~£7.5 per cubic feet. So we measure our stuff , calculate what it costs to take it, then research what it would be to replace .  Because we always sold up  property and ship our stuff ,  timelines sometimes don't give you enough time to sell  everything in the UK ( selling timelines in OZ are locked in and much more predictable) so to reduce waste we sometimes take  stuff that is  borderline .  

Have a look at these websites to see if you can work out what's worth it or not.

www.appliancesonline.com.au

jbhifi.com.au

Freedom.com.au

harveynorman.com.au

myer.com.au

davidjones.com.au

Kmart.com.au

target.com.au

bigw.com.au

BCF.com.au

www.anacondastores.com

kitchenwarehouse.com.au

www.latestcatalogues.com

 

good luck with your move 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much, that's really helpful.

Hope your jetlag isn't too bad. Enjoy 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×