What are the current removal costs

RandL

I would be interested by how much the removal costs have gone up , we moved  in 2018 and our cost for sole 20" container to Perth was about £3500 without insurance .

Just wondering what people are getting quoted now . Probably need only a shared container this time , as the stuff we take with us gets less every time we move .

Been Ping Ponging for a while .

We came back in 2020, thought we were missing something but things didn't work out and now aiming to return to Perth sometime end next year when travel restrictions hopefully are more relaxed, making  this a bit easier again.

Any input would be appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 20/09/2021 at 09:39, RandL said:

I would be interested by how much the removal costs have gone up , we moved  in 2018 and our cost for sole 20" container to Perth was about £3500 without insurance .

Just wondering what people are getting quoted now . Probably need only a shared container this time , as the stuff we take with us gets less every time we move .

Been Ping Ponging for a while .

We came back in 2020, thought we were missing something but things didn't work out and now aiming to return to Perth sometime end next year when travel restrictions hopefully are more relaxed, making  this a bit easier again.

Any input would be appreciated 

Hi - As you've been ping ponging for a while, wondered if you could answer me a question? We're making the move (first time around) from UK to Oz later this year. I'm just weighing up and costing options e.g. shipping containers v renting our house out here fully furnished etc. and wondered what you'd consider worth shipping?

Think we're going to have to ship some bits as have bikes, surfboards, kayaks etc that we'd want out there, but just not sure what to do with main house contents, as we won't be selling our UK home until we've 'tried before we buy' and our visa would mean we'd get hit with Foreign Investors Tax anyway, so we'd wait until we had PR.

Just curious if you've done it a few times now, what makes the list...

14 hours ago, jo.b said:

Hi - As you've been ping ponging for a while, wondered if you could answer me a question? We're making the move (first time around) from UK to Oz later this year. I'm just weighing up and costing options e.g. shipping containers v renting our house out here fully furnished etc. and wondered what you'd consider worth shipping?

Think we're going to have to ship some bits as have bikes, surfboards, kayaks etc that we'd want out there, but just not sure what to do with main house contents, as we won't be selling our UK home until we've 'tried before we buy' and our visa would mean we'd get hit with Foreign Investors Tax anyway, so we'd wait until we had PR.

Just curious if you've done it a few times now, what makes the list...

just arrived in OZ yesterday :). it really depends on how much you think you get use out of the items to take. this time around ( UK-OZ) we just bought a new sofa and washing machine so it was making sense to take them , plus  office equipment I need plus sentimental stuff, pictures....  we approach it this way , stuff that's not negotiable, then all the other stuff if it makes financial sense. Because Aussie quarantine regulations are so strict, we left most of our gardening stuff in the UK.  When I went back last time we were working on ~ £5 per cubic feet, this time around it's more like ~£7.5 per cubic feet. So we measure our stuff , calculate what it costs to take it, then research what it would be to replace .  Because we always sold up  property and ship our stuff ,  timelines sometimes don't give you enough time to sell  everything in the UK ( selling timelines in OZ are locked in and much more predictable) so to reduce waste we sometimes take  stuff that is  borderline .  

Have a look at these websites to see if you can work out what's worth it or not.

www.appliancesonline.com.au

jbhifi.com.au

Freedom.com.au

harveynorman.com.au

myer.com.au

davidjones.com.au

Kmart.com.au

target.com.au

bigw.com.au

BCF.com.au

www.anacondastores.com

kitchenwarehouse.com.au