Bridging Visa A for Contributory Parent Visa Applicants

VyVy

Hi,

I just learnt that if I applied for a Contributory Parent Visa while holding a Visitor Visa and if I am currently in Australia, I am eligible to apply for a Bridging Visa A. 

Anyone here is in same situation and has applied for a BVA? Much appreciate if you share how to do. 

2 hours ago, VyVy said:

Hi,

I just learnt that if I applied for a Contributory Parent Visa while holding a Visitor Visa and if I am currently in Australia, I am eligible to apply for a Bridging Visa A. 

Anyone here is in same situation and has applied for a BVA? Much appreciate if you share how to do. 

Which contributory visa have you applied for and when? Does the visitor visa have condition 8503 on it - No further stay? When did you arrive in Australia? 

10 hours ago, VyVy said:

Hi,

You can only lodge an onshore Contributory Parent Visa if you are over a certain age.

Bridging visa is granted automatically if a valid onshore application is lodged.

8 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Which contributory visa have you applied for and when? Does the visitor visa have condition 8503 on it - No further stay? When did you arrive in Australia? 

I applied 143 in October 2017. Last arrived February 2017. Living here since then with BVE. Now knowing I am eligible for BVA so want to change for better visa condition, just don't know where I have to send form 1005 to, and with what supporting documents.

1 minute ago, Raul Senise said:

You can only lodge an onshore Contributory Parent Visa if you are over a certain age.

Bridging visa is granted automatically if a valid onshore application is lodged.

I applied 143 in October 2017. Last arrived February 2017. Living here since then with BVE. Now knowing I am eligible for BVA so want to change for better visa condition, just don't know where I have to send form 1005 to, and with what supporting documents.

2 minutes ago, VyVy said:

You can't go from a BVE to a BVA.

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

You need to speak to an agent. Believe BVE is only given in certain circumstances 

The Immi Dept called yesterday to ask me to apply for BVA. Just too excited to  ask for details and now I can't call them back (long waiting time on the phone). Emailed but no reply so far. Asking here if any of you are in same situation. Otherwise I will try to call Immi Dept again.

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I suspect someone is scamming you.  You don't normally apply for a BVA.  You get a BVA if you apply for some other kind of visa. 

No it was not scamming. I received a replied email from Parent Visa this morning (big surprise as they haven't replied any of my other emails recently), telling me what to do. Maybe there are some rare cases and mine is one of them. 

19 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Make up your mind. You just said they called you. 

Don't be rude! You have no reason to be rude to me (I know you were rude to someone in this forum as well). Did you actually read my post and understand? I said they called yesterday, then I emailed to ask for further details, and they replied this morning.

7 hours ago, VyVy said:

The Immi Dept called yesterday to ask me to apply for BVA. Just too excited to  ask for details and now I can't call them back (long waiting time on the phone). Emailed but no reply so far. Asking here if any of you are in same situation. Otherwise I will try to call Immi Dept again.

10 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Re the Bridging visa B..

Can I leave and return as many  times as I like until the 864 is granted or does the BVB have an expiry date and would it need renewing? 

Also.. when is the AoS fee payable?

TIA..

42 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Re the Bridging visa B..

Can I leave and return as many  times as I like until the 864 is granted or does the BVB have an expiry date and would it need renewing? 

Assuming you are in Australia on your BVA, then you need to apply for a BVB (Bridging Visa B), explaining why you need one ( you must have a good reason) and how long you need to be out of the country for. The department will then decide how long they'll let you have. You've got to be back in Australia before it expires, otherwise you're in big trouble as you'll have no right to re-enter.

You'll need to apply for a new BVB each time you want to leave the country, unless you can manage to persuade them to give you a multiple entry one (for which you'll need a good reason).

Edited by Marisawright

On 16/09/2021 at 09:30, Hamish said:

Re the Bridging visa B..

Also.. when is the AoS fee payable?

TIA..

AOS isn’t paid until requested towards end of processing. Even then when all other ducks are in place (Medicals police clearances etc,   it could still take a year for final grant. 864 is in the same queue as. 143 so taking a long time  

Also you can leave on BVB even though borders are closed but you wouldn’t get back in ! 

Edited by LindaH27

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I got my Bridging Visa A grant notification yesterday.

My case might be a bit special, but you can try too. Here is info I collect from a Parent Visa FB group, hope it helps and good luck everyone:

update 9 Aug 2021 - Confirmed that the department is issuing the bridging visa for some eligible applicants.
Bridging Visa for 143 visa applicant
I have received a lot of queries about this issue. I’d like to emphasise that a bridging visa option might be available for a 143 applicant if he/she satisfies all the following:
Whether the applicant was holding a valid substantive visa (for example, a 600 tourist or ETA, etc) when the 143 application was lodged;
The 143 application was lodged before 24 March 2021;
The 143 applicant was in Australia on 24 March 2021;
The 143 applicant is currently in Australia
If a 143 applicant has met all the above, there might be a Bridging Visa A/E available while waiting for the grant of the visa. This is also applicable for a person who has applied 103 or 173 or 101.

On 30/09/2021 at 08:53, VyVy said:

Update: I got my Bridging Visa A grant notification yesterday.

My case might be a bit special, but you can try too. Here is info I collect from a Parent Visa FB group, hope it helps and good luck everyone:

update 9 Aug 2021 - Confirmed that the department is issuing the bridging visa for some eligible applicants.
Bridging Visa for 143 visa applicant
I have received a lot of queries about this issue. I’d like to emphasise that a bridging visa option might be available for a 143 applicant if he/she satisfies all the following:
Whether the applicant was holding a valid substantive visa (for example, a 600 tourist or ETA, etc) when the 143 application was lodged;
The 143 application was lodged before 24 March 2021;
The 143 applicant was in Australia on 24 March 2021;
The 143 applicant is currently in Australia
If a 143 applicant has met all the above, there might be a Bridging Visa A/E available while waiting for the grant of the visa. This is also applicable for a person who has applied 103 or 173 or 101.

Hi VyVy - thanks for your interesting info.

My wife and I are currently onshore in Aus on a Visitor (subclass 600) visa and have been here since March 2020 as Immigration kindly granted a second 600 earlier this year valid until end 2021. We'll have to apply for a further 600 at the end of this year assuming our 143's don't come through. A BVB would be much more secure and convenient.

Looking at the Immi visa page (and link to the Federal Register of Legislation) for the BVB, it seems it is possible for those who have applied for a (v)  a Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Class DG) visa., which I think is an 864. Your experience seems to suggest this has been extended to the 143. If so, can i ask how you found this out and applied please? Did you somehow let immigration know you are onshore?

Thanks.

Edited by PaulM
Added a sentence on why the BVB is desirable.

2 hours ago, PaulM said:

Your experience seems to suggest this has been extended to the 143. If so, can i ask how you found this out and applied please? Did you somehow let immigration know you are onshore?

This is correct if you meet the criteria mentioned in the previous post …. It flows through from the concession to allow onshore grants in some cases. You will need to make an application for the bridging visa if you are eligible. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, paulhand said:

This is correct if you meet the criteria mentioned in the previous post …. It flows through from the concession to allow onshore grants in some cases. You will need to make an application for the bridging visa if you are eligible. 

Thanks Paul. I'll certainly be looking into it.

6 hours ago, PaulM said:

Hi VyVy - thanks for your interesting info.

My wife and I are currently onshore in Aus on a Visitor (subclass 600) visa and have been here since March 2020 as Immigration kindly granted a second 600 earlier this year valid until end 2021. We'll have to apply for a further 600 at the end of this year assuming our 143's don't come through. A BVB would be much more secure and convenient.

Looking at the Immi visa page (and link to the Federal Register of Legislation) for the BVB, it seems it is possible for those who have applied for a (v)  a Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Class DG) visa., which I think is an 864. Your experience seems to suggest this has been extended to the 143. If so, can i ask how you found this out and applied please? Did you somehow let immigration know you are onshore?

Thanks.

Hi, it's BVA, not BVB. You can apply BVB to travel after you have BVA.

The Immi Dept called to ask me to apply. They know me pretty well for some reasons.

Sounds that you are eligible to apply too. So go for it. BVA is more secured, and it's free.

14 hours ago, VyVy said:

Hi, it's BVA, not BVB. You can apply BVB to travel after you have BVA.

The Immi Dept called to ask me to apply. They know me pretty well for some reasons.

Sounds that you are eligible to apply too. So go for it. BVA is more secured, and it's free.

Thanks VyVy - apologies for the typo.

I'm looking into it with my agent now.

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Is it likely that they won’t  issue this “loophole” bridging visa for 143 now as they now have a plan for opening the borders next month which means people are free to leave?  

People on temporary visas have always been allows to leave.  I think many have preferred to use the I can’t get a flight right now/my family think it’s not safe for me to leave story.  That kind of thing and who can blame people for trying their luck.  Clearly for some it’s worked.