5 Year Resident Return Visa RRV

immigrant589

Hi,

I am living in Australia for 2 years (since July 2019) as Permanent Resident(190). My family (wife and kids) are also PR and living in Australia since March 2021. We received Permanent Resident in Feb 2017 and did an initial entry on Oct 2017 and went back after 7 days.

My current circumstances are changed in last couple of days as my father had a stroke and is paralysed and also suffering dementia. My mother and father both are aged 75 and they desperately need me. I am in deep mental stress due to the current situation. Considering all this, I want to join my family in Pakistan, but since we are well settled in Australia and want to live here and return back after couple of years. I want to return back immediately within next month or so.

Can you please evaluate my circumstances and let me know what are my chances.

• I want to have a 5 years RRV for my family. I lived for 2 years but family has lived for 1.6 years in Australia. Is there any chance that they can get 5 years RRV as well along with me considering circumstances.
  • Is there any chance I can apply for Citizenship now or I should live for 4 years before apply? (PR = Feb 2017, Initial Entry for 7 days during 20-27 October 2017. )

Thanks and Regards

I got PR on Feb 2017 and my expiry date is Feb 2022. So I need an RRV to extend the travel facility.

I need a RRV for 5 years, as I want to move back now and may not return back to Australia in next 2-3 years. 

My concern is to have 5 years RRV for wife and kids. They still need 5 months to complete their 2 years residence requirement. I have living here in Australia for 2 years means that I can have 5 years RRV but for family is there any way I can apply with myself and they also get 5 years RRV

10 minutes ago, immigrant589 said:

I got PR on Feb 2017 and my expiry date is Feb 2022. So I need an RRV to extend the travel facility.

I need a RRV for 5 years, as I want to move back now and may not return back to Australia in next 2-3 years. 

My concern is to have 5 years RRV for wife and kids. They still need 5 months to complete their 2 years residence requirement. I have living here in Australia for 2 years means that I can have 5 years RRV but for family is there any way I can apply with myself and they also get 5 years RRV

Not as far as I know. Could you go back on your own for now, and they can follow once they have their two years?

Edited by Marisawright

On 10/09/2021 at 04:42, Tulip1 said:

They’ll need to stay in Australia until March.  

If you mean in order to qualify for a 5 year RRV then they'll need to wait until March 2023. Once the husband/father has obtained a 5 year RRV they will be able to get a 1 year RRV (and should be able to renew during the validity of that 5 year RRV).

39 minutes ago, Ken said:

If you mean in order to qualify for a 5 year RRV then they'll need to wait until March 2023. Once the husband/father has obtained a 5 year RRV they will be able to get a 1 year RRV (and should be able to renew during the validity of that 5 year RRV).

Although the OP put they arrived in March 2021, reading what he put afterwards and the rest of the comments I think he meant they arrived in March 2020. 

On 09/09/2021 at 09:08, immigrant589 said:

Hi,

I am living in Australia for 2 years (since July 2019) as Permanent Resident(190). My family (wife and kids) are also PR and living in Australia since March 2021. We received Permanent Resident in Feb 2017 and did an initial entry on Oct 2017 and went back after 7 days.

My current circumstances are changed in last couple of days as my father had a stroke and is paralysed and also suffering dementia. My mother and father both are aged 75 and they desperately need me. I am in deep mental stress due to the current situation. Considering all this, I want to join my family in Pakistan, but since we are well settled in Australia and want to live here and return back after couple of years. I want to return back immediately within next month or so.

Can you please evaluate my circumstances and let me know what are my chances.

• I want to have a 5 years RRV for my family. I lived for 2 years but family has lived for 1.6 years in Australia. Is there any chance that they can get 5 years RRV as well along with me considering circumstances.
  • Is there any chance I can apply for Citizenship now or I should live for 4 years before apply? (PR = Feb 2017, Initial Entry for 7 days during 20-27 October 2017. )

Thanks and Regards

Sorry, missed the last part of your question. The earliest you'll be able to apply for citizenship is in July 2022 - but that's assuming you haven't left the country since July 2019 and don't do so before you apply. The residency period is 4 years (July 2018 to July 2022 in your case) of which you must have been in Australia for 3 years (July 2019 to July 2022 in your case). If you now leave Australia for a couple of years the earliest you'll be able to apply for citizenship is 3 years after you return (provided you don't leave the country during those 3 years).

The start of your 4 year residency period has to be on or after your initial entry (20 October 2017 in your case) but doesn't need to be a date when you were in Australia so you can use the whole year of your residency period where you don't need to be in Australia.