Singapore Airlines - PCR Test Now 48 Hours

PerthLondonGirl89

Hi All

For anyone flying with Singapore Airlines and transitting via Singapore from 9th September 2021 it looks like you now need to have your PCR test done within 48 hours rather than the 72 hours.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/updates-on-border-measures-for-travellers

@Jon the Hat @Captain Ron - I think you both have Singapore flights booked so in case you haven't seen this update here you go - plus anyone else who this may help!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Craig Colas said:

So 48 hours before entering Singapore, does the 72 hour rule still apply for when you transit through to Australia still? 

Yep it is 48 hours before your first flight even if you are only transitting via Singapore.

We had PCR tests booked with Express Test who only offer results within a 48 hour guarantee. Thought I may have trouble trying to get a refund but I applied and they processed it right away. Now to fork out for more expensive but quicker PCR test results!

29 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Thanks yes I saw this - sadly I’d booked with express test who don’t guarantee under 48 hours, so we’ve had to book with Collinson at Heathrow.  Another £240 down the drain.

Although their website does not make it seem that way you should be able to get a full refund with Express Test due to the reason you are cancelling - I actually just cancelled my booking with them yesterday.

When you go to cancel online choose the "Change to Government Restrictions / Entry Requirements" reason. In the text box I added the Singapore MOH link from my first post above and explained that due to these government changes I needed to cancel and book a test where results where guaranteed in less than 24 hours. I requested a full refund explaining that as I was emigrating I would have no use for the voucher. Although they said it may take a while to hear back I got a response within the hour confirming that I should receive my full refund within 3-5 days.

Hope it works for you !

On 08/09/2021 at 09:43, PerthLondonGirl89 said:

Although their website does not make it seem that way you should be able to get a full refund with Express Test due to the reason you are cancelling - I actually just cancelled my booking with them yesterday.

When you go to cancel online choose the "Change to Government Restrictions / Entry Requirements" reason. In the text box I added the Singapore MOH link from my first post above and explained that due to these government changes I needed to cancel and book a test where results where guaranteed in less than 24 hours. I requested a full refund explaining that as I was emigrating I would have no use for the voucher. Although they said it may take a while to hear back I got a response within the hour confirming that I should receive my full refund within 3-5 days.

Hope it works for you !

Thanks, I have raised a refund request with them so fingers crossed!