Nursing Registration

JLM21

Hello Guys and Gals, hope you all well and happy image.gif.d8f831c9c32a0bd8b662e321896bf5e8.gif:)

I am new to this forum and would like to get some help regarding nursing and immigration Oz.

First a little bit about my background.
I am an ICU RN  with a Nursing Degree (BSN), for a while i was considering trying to find nursing job abroad and maybe immigrating afterwards.
in
The first two options as for many others were Canada Vs Oz, after some research i decided to go for Oz as the process in general looked more convenient (plus some other considerations like the Oz climate).
After a few months of figuring what i need to hand to AHPRA and in which form and then about 6 months of waiting till AHPRA evaluate everything.

Finally i received an answer from AHPRA notifying me about being evaluated as Stream A candidate.
Even before the result of the evaluation i knew that the next step would be English proficiency test, i went first for two IELTS tests with the only problem being the writing section in which i scored 5.5 twice.

Then i decided to go for the PTE and scored 77 overall and 64 in the writing section (being one point short of the requirements), i tried to go forward with the application using this PTE score but was refused by AHPRA because of this one point.

I tried to write to AHPRA and maybe receiving a waiver for this single point with particular arguments like me being a full-time ICU RN in a period of world wide pandemic crisis, but nothing worked and they insisted on me improving the score.

After all this months of gathering documents and English tests i am considering my next steps, i fill like i am not motivated and focused enough at this point to go for another PTE and getting the right score in the writing section.

I am considering the next steps:

1. Applying for the Canadian registration as there are options of English waiver in some provinces on certain conditions (I am not sure if i will meet them) and then going for the NCLEX exam.

2. Making a trip to Oz on a visitor Visa (once the borders open), and then once i am on-shore taking a few months to improve my English (maybe even taking some advanced writing course) and improving my PTE and then applying for skilled visa (from what i understand once i am on-shore the process should be quicker).

3. Applying for Master degree in nursing and going for the student visa (this could be done in Canada as well).
Of course this option will be expensive and there is a lot to consider.

Please let me know what do you think about the listed options and things i should consider that i maybe was not aware of.

If there is any one going through similar process and willing to share, i will be more then happy to get any information and experience with this issues.

Sincerely grateful for any answer and help!

9 minutes ago, ali said:

Have you considered re-sitting the English test - might be cheaper?

Thank you Ali,

That's an option I am considering but after two IELTS attempts and PTE I fill like I need to make some progress that will make me motivated for another try.

Maybe I will take some time off and then consider another attempt