sammy11480

Interstate Relocation for Job?

Hi guys

I'm looking to relocate from Victoria to Queensland in January 2022.

I'm a teacher with a few opportunities lined up but a bit scared to commit as I'm not sure of the restrictions around relocating to Queensland currently? 

I don't want to take a position but then can't actually move due to restrictions. 

Are you allowed in if you have a job, do you have to quarentine, get excemption forms etc? 

Aware things will likely change before next year but just interested what is happening currently?

Many thanks for advice. 

Sam 

Knowing the current regulations won’t help you in 6 months time as things change on a daily basis sometimes. I would hope that by then interstate restrictions will be either gone or less severe. If you are fully vaccinated with a valid reason like re locating for work then by then it should be fine, and if not then the employer will understand. 
If you want the job and you want to move then go for it, if you are using COVID as a reason not to then maybe you don’t really want to go. 

• Like 2

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

I was going to say the same thing.  By January, they're likely to be offering more concessions and exceptions for the fully vaccinated, so if you have a valid reason to travel, you'll probably be fine.

The school which offers you the role will be well aware of the situation.  If they're willing to offer you the job then I wouldn't let it worry you.

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke