Anyone bought their boxer dog over?

TheBs

Hi all, 

I started the process to have my boxer dog bought over.

I know the animal animal quarantine is Melbourne but the company I made an enquiry with said no airline will fly a boxer, because of their short snouts and breathing risks.

Is this true? Has anyone been able to bring their boxer with them?

Unfortunately it's another case of a few stupid people spoiling it for everybody else.   

It's true, boxers are at slightly greater risk of dying during a long flight.  Airlines just used to make owners sign a release, acknowledging they knew the risk. But in recent years, some owners have gone to the newspapers when their boxer died, or mounted social media campaigns, or even sued the airline for causing the death of their pet.  Silly, because the owners were the ones who decided to fly the dog - but I guess when something like that happens, you're desperate to find someone else to blame.

Airlines hated the bad publicity and the cost of legal bills, so it was just easier for them to refuse to fly boxers. I thought Qantas was still flying boxers but perhaps even they have stopped now.  The pet shipping company will know - if they say no one is flying them now, then no one is.  

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Unfortunately it's another case of a few stupid people spoiling it for everybody else.   

It's true, boxers are at slightly greater risk of dying during a long flight.  Airlines just used to make owners sign a release, acknowledging they knew the risk. But in recent years, some owners have gone to the newspapers when their boxer died, or mounted social media campaigns, or even sued the airline for causing the death of their pet.  Silly, because the owners were the ones who decided to fly the dog - but I guess when something like that happens, you're desperate to find someone else to blame.

Airlines hated the bad publicity and the cost of legal bills, so it was just easier for them to refuse to fly boxers. I thought Qantas was still flying boxers but perhaps even they have stopped now.  The pet shipping company will know - if they say no one is flying them now, then no one is.  

Thank you, the company I looked into said they're waiting to hear from Quantas to see if they are going to start again, but at the moment no they're not either 💔

Hi. No airlines will fly a boxer from UK to Australia at the moment. There is another thread on this somewhere. Another shipper is getting snub nosed dogs to Australia but the route is dicey and if it goes wrong then the pets are stuck in UAE for 6 months, so we are steering clear of it at the moment.

QANTAS is the best bet when they start flying again.

• Like 1