We made it to Perth!

Nyxkat

On 03/01/2022 at 19:14, Bulya said:

We did a camping holiday in Cornwall.  Knickerbocker Glory the only decent thing as it rained all day every day.  We moved to God’s country not long after…  

were you poor?  Who goes camping in Cornwall? seriously!!

There are some lovely beaches in the UK, but they are not circa 30 mins from where most people live like they are in Perth, and you can't rely on the weather.  The later is the reason people go for some summer sun in the med etc.  I used to laugh at people who sat on a beach for two weeks, but I must say as life becomes busier and work more stressful, I can see the appeal of stopping and chilling somewhere beautiful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

There are some lovely beaches in the UK, but they are not circa 30 mins from where most people live like they are in Perth, and you can't rely on the weather.  The later is the reason people go for some summer sun in the med etc.  I used to laugh at people who sat on a beach for two weeks, but I must say as life becomes busier and work more stressful, I can see the appeal of stopping and chilling somewhere beautiful.

The only beach I ever liked in England was Blackpool Pleasure Beach! (1956)
Spent more time on Rotto beaches than Perth beaches, that was in 1964. Some of the beaches around Bussleton/Dunsborough are really beaut. 
Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobj said:

Spent more time on Rotto beaches than Perth beaches, that was in 1964. Some of the beaches around Bussleton/Dunsborough are really beaut. 
Cheers, Bobj.

We took the kids there when we first when back as they were too young to remember it. I said this was our equivalent of Dreamworld when we lived there,lol

As for nice beaches, Abersoch had a lovely beach and i vaguely remember  visting Morecombe (?) beach as a child and from memory that wasn't too bad either,  I think there was one near Poole in Dorset we went to that was a bit like an alcove and although not big ,was lovely.

Cal x

• Like 1

18 hours ago, calNgary said:

We took the kids there when we first when back as they were too young to remember it. I said this was our equivalent of Dreamworld when we lived there,lol

As for nice beaches, Abersoch had a lovely beach and i vaguely remember  visting Morecombe (?) beach as a child and from memory that wasn't too bad either,  I think there was one near Poole in Dorset we went to that was a bit like an alcove and although not big ,was lovely.

Cal x

Studland Bay possibly?  Lovely beach although can get very busy.

• 1 month later...

Woohoo! Both my 820 and my 801 visas got granted this morning! I am now officially a permanent resident of Australia 🇦🇺 yay!

It was fantastic, we applied onshore mid October after spending months preparing both in the UK and over here.

We are ecstatic and so relieved.

*happy dance*

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 6

10 hours ago, Nyxkat said:

Woohoo! Both my 820 and my 801 visas got granted this morning! I am now officially a permanent resident of Australia 🇦🇺 yay!

It was fantastic, we applied onshore mid October after spending months preparing both in the UK and over here.

*happy dance*

Congratulations.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 15:11, Bobj said:

Cheers, Bobj.

I loved Blackpool as a child. The pleasure beach was a favourite day out. When we went for a last hurrah before we emigrated we were bitterly disappointed 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2021 at 17:02, Paul1Perth said:

My wife had a skin cancer removed from her lleg when we'd been here about a month and has had a couple more removed from her back. All non malignant. The one on her leg had been there years and just about the first visit to a doc here he said he didn't like the look of it. Only looked like a small mole but they took a chunk out.

I think all the damage was done i our younger days in Spain, Portugal and Greece with no sunscreen and you hadn't got your moneys worth if you didn't get 8 hours in the sun.😆

If it was a skin cancer it was malignant. That’s what cancer is- no such thing as a benign cancer. She’d do well to cover up at the beach with that history. 

34 minutes ago, Toots said:

What do you mean?  I would imagine there are a few people enjoy camping in Cornwall.  What's "being poor" got to do with it?

The only thing poor about camping in Cornwall would be the pouring rain!! It rained almost every day the last time we had a family holiday there, and we never went back for another family holiday. Go back most visits back to UK as I have family there, and when the sun shines it’s a really lovely place.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ramot said:

The only thing poor about camping in Cornwall would be the pouring rain!! It rained almost every day the last time we had a family holiday there, and we never went back for another family holiday. Go back most visits back to UK as I have family there, and when the sun shines it’s a really lovely place.

Camping in Australia can be the same 🤣

We sold our caravan recently partly as that was too cold and miserable for me in all but the hottest months. Perth can be so cold in the early mornings and nighttime! Rainy too! 

1 hour ago, ramot said:

Well there are plenty of people go camping in the Lake District and Scotland.  I would imagine those places have more than their fair share of rain.  Some people like the wild outdoors and actually prefer camping to B&Bs or hotels.  I don't think it's anything to do with being poor as Simmo inferred.

On 15/03/2022 at 18:12, Nyxkat said:

*happy dance*

Congratulations!  Does this mean you have to get a job now ? 🙂

On 17/03/2022 at 19:04, HappyHeart said:

Camping in Australia can be the same 🤣

We sold our caravan recently partly as that was too cold and miserable for me in all but the hottest months. Perth can be so cold in the early mornings and nighttime! Rainy too! 

Not been  to the Kimberlies, then?  @HappyHeart

God’s own country, full of barramundi fishing,..

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Not been  to the Kimberlies, then?  @HappyHeart

God’s own country, full of barramundi fishing,..

Cheers, Bobj.

No we were so limited Bob, by time mainly. We plan to buy another van in our more senior years so the adventuring is not quite over! Just need to pay off these damn mortgages first....

• Like 1

On 17/03/2022 at 17:23, Toots said:

Well there are plenty of people go camping in the Lake District and Scotland.  I would imagine those places have more than their fair share of rain.  Some people like the wild outdoors and actually prefer camping to B&Bs or hotels.  I don't think it's anything to do with being poor as Simmo inferred.

Nothing at all.