Jump to content
bicek

Evisitor (651) and exemption processing times

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Stellathedog said:

My question now is do I still need to file an exemption, as I already have the visa?

Unless you have an exemption, a 651 visa per se does not qualify you to enter Australia, you'll be refused boarding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My timeline; Applied for parents visa and exemptions on 1 November. Exemptions granted today 8 November. Visa status still says received. They fly on 8 December (pending visas) waiting nervously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

I am trying to apply for travel exemption for my in-laws. As I fill the exemption form, it has a field called "Role in travelling party". The field is not clear. Could you guys guide me on what kind of information are they after? See the image attached for what I am referring to..

image.thumb.png.40ca42a442ce07dd72332c3ec0be2734.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, alexander5 said:

Hi Guys,

I am trying to apply for travel exemption for my in-laws. As I fill the exemption form, it has a field called "Role in travelling party". The field is not clear. Could you guys guide me on what kind of information are they after? See the image attached for what I am referring to..

image.thumb.png.40ca42a442ce07dd72332c3ec0be2734.png

I've no idea what the 'right' answer is to this question but going on advice from FB forums - it has confused many! - we just put 'Parent of an Australian Citizen'.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my exemption first, but had a previous ViSa still in-date. Recently applied for a new visa, I hope the system talks to itself!  I did call up to check, they said -it automatically gets flagged if you have a exemption as it’s linked to your passport.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pillar_85 said:

I did my exemption first, but had a previous ViSa still in-date. Recently applied for a new visa, I hope the system talks to itself!  I did call up to check, they said -it automatically gets flagged if you have a exemption as it’s linked to your passport.

TBH everything is so confusing and they are changing it all the time. Before 01.11.2021 they were saying to apply for exemption if you don't have a visa. Now they changed it and require to have visa application when applying for exemption.

 

As well calling the Department of Home Affairs is useless. I called them 3-4 times in the last few days and every single time I get different information.

The first time they told me they don't know anything and they can't help me.
Second time was to be patient and wait. It's normal that 1 visa is Approved immediately and 2nd is not (for the same exemption) 😮 
On Friday I called just to check if my mother visa has information that she has an exemption. They told me that they have this information but unfortunately because it's my mother application she need to submit Form 956 to authorise me to have access to her application (we did this on Friday).
I called yesterday after submitting Form 956 and they told me that they can't see if the Visa application has a flag that the person has an exemption. That only the Immigration agent to who the application is assigned have this information. They told me to wait and stick with the the Estimated processing time. I told them that this is insane and every single time I'm getting different information. I quoted some information from their website such as 

Quote

The Department is prioritising processing of visa applications for travellers who are exempt from our travel restrictions to help those who need urgent travel

 But they still can't tell me if my mother visa is prioritised and how eventually to check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to share that my mother got her a Visa today.
This is her timeline:

  • 25.10.2021 -> Apply for travel exemption (no visa application)
  • 27.10.2021 -> Apply for e651 Visa
  • 01.11.2021 -> Travel exemption granted
  • 03.11.2021 -> re-apply for Travel exemption (with visa application)
  • 03.11.2021 -> 2nd Travel exemption granted
  • 10.11.2021 -> e651 Visa Granted
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information, Hopefully mine will come through shortly. I’ve been waiting longer than you and still no visa, so frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. 
My parents are applying for 651 eVisitor visas. Does anyone know if they each need an IMMI account or if both applications can go through one IMMI account (my dad’s)?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JeffyJeff said:

Hi. 
My parents are applying for 651 eVisitor visas. Does anyone know if they each need an IMMI account or if both applications can go through one IMMI account (my dad’s)?

Thanks

My husband and I always apply in separate immi accounts for 651 visas.  However you can apply for the exemption on one account.  Hope this helps.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dad’s evisitor (651) got approved today, he applied on 27 Oct! 

Exemption was already approved, that took 7 days.


  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falpat said:

My Dad’s evisitor (651) got approved today, he applied on 27 Oct! 

Exemption was already approved, that took 7 days.

I am delighted for you!  Thank you for the update.  We submitted our 651 application and exemption request a week ago.  Fingers crossed it will be granted soon!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an exemption for wife and i to visit son in melbourne. It took just a few days, 2 weeks ago. However had my 651 visa confirmed received on the 4th November, but still no approval. Getting a wee bit worried, since in years past visitor visa normally turned around couple of days. We have flights booked for 4December, and thought we had done everything in good time. If you search 651 processing times, most visa sites says a few business days. However receipt of application on Immi account, says 31days to two months, if so not good. It does say that priority given to those with exemption, but 651 visa form did not ask exemption status, I guess/hope that passport details link the process,

Any other experience with this, love to hear about it

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Culterguy said:

I have an exemption for wife and i to visit son in melbourne. It took just a few days, 2 weeks ago. However had my 651 visa confirmed received on the 4th November, but still no approval. Getting a wee bit worried, since in years past visitor visa normally turned around couple of days. We have flights booked for 4December, and thought we had done everything in good time. If you search 651 processing times, most visa sites says a few business days. However receipt of application on Immi account, says 31days to two months, if so not good. It does say that priority given to those with exemption, but 651 visa form did not ask exemption status, I guess/hope that passport details link the process,

Any other experience with this, love to hear about it

John

You would normally have applied for the visa before applying for the travel exemption ... what did you put in the exemption application for your visa status? The two are linked using the Transaction Reference Number of the visa application.


____________________________________________________________________

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reply to question, what did I put in exemption application for visa status. I recall I selected  No Visa option. I now recall on the exemption there was a space for a 10 digit TRN. which I left blank, regardless the exemption was granted on the 1st November. I am presuming that Passport numbers are also used to link all this together. As someone elsewhere points out, when you  apply for a visa it points out, that priority is given to those with exemption. Kind of made me think then, that I did this the correct way around.  We will see. Others posting and getting their visa seem to have done it in either order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Culterguy said:

In reply to question, what did I put in exemption application for visa status. I recall I selected  No Visa option. I now recall on the exemption there was a space for a 10 digit TRN. which I left blank, regardless the exemption was granted on the 1st November. I am presuming that Passport numbers are also used to link all this together. As someone elsewhere points out, when you  apply for a visa it points out, that priority is given to those with exemption. Kind of made me think then, that I did this the correct way around.  We will see. Others posting and getting their visa seem to have done it in either order.

You're supposed to do the visa application first, then the exemption application with the TRN to link the two.  Doing it the wrong way may add unnecessary delays to your visa approval, or in the worst case cause it to be put on hold indefinitely (some were waiting for over a year for their visa application).

Edited by rtritudr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to submit an E651 visa for my mother in law (against my will) haha but it's saying that an error has occurred and the page can't be displayed. Has anyone else had this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2021 at 14:29, mooresclan said:

Thankyou

rtridudr seems to say with some authority that the visa must be applied for first. I have got an exemption on 1st november. On my IMMI account I have confirmation of receipt of visa on the 4th November. Still no visa. if I need to cancel exemption then reapply, now with a visa reference is this the way to go? There is a string of letters agains my wife and my.visa application receipt. Is this the TRN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Culterguy said:

rtridudr seems to say with some authority that the visa must be applied for first. I have got an exemption on 1st november. On my IMMI account I have confirmation of receipt of visa on the 4th November. Still no visa. if I need to cancel exemption then reapply, now with a visa reference is this the way to go? There is a string of letters agains my wife and my.visa application receipt. Is this the TRN?

Yeah the string of letters will be your TRN, mine is 9 letters and 1 number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied for the E651 and it has been approved within the hour, just waiting on the exemption being approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reapplied for another exemption on the 19th November, and it came through yesterday,. 651 evisa just came through now. A week late for our planned departure!! So all the advice about doesn't matter which order you apply for exemption or visa, is I think wrong. DHA helpline reassured me twice that doesn't matter. Think I would still be waiting if I had not reapplied for exemption and put in the visa application TRN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/08/2021 at 17:12, bicek said:

Thanks @paulhand.

Do you know if it's possible to apply for the e-visitor 651 whilst you have a visitor 600 application being processed?

I have both visa applications in at the moment and spoke to immi just before Christmas and they said it was OK to leave them both live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We applied for the travel exemption in mid November and received the TER approval on 28th November. We had previously submitted a visitor visa 600 application in September and the status of that just showed received so we then submitted a e-visitor application on 29th November for travel on 30th December. To date we have heard nothing on either application despite immi saying they are prioritising applicants with a travel exemption. We have called them twice but get no definitive information so we have therefore cancelled our flights. Has anyone else had a similar experience or even a better experience where you have received both a TER and a visa? We just want to know if everyone else is in the same situation as us or whether our application has somehow got missed. Thanks for any info.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×