Evisitor (651) and exemption processing times

bicek

Has anyone got any experience of how long it is currently taking to process the 651 evisitor visa along with an exemption application? We had held off applying for exemption until now as the immi website states you should only apply for it 2-8 weeks before travel.

Evisitor visa should only be a few days max to process - is this still the case? 

How long is it taking before you hear back about exemption applications?

This is for my newborn baby who will be travelling with us but needs to come in on a UK passport due to our time constraints for travel. 

Thanks for any up to date advice 👍

• 2 months later...

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but wondering if anyone has any experience of current proccessing times for the 651 evisitor visa? The immi website says 31 days, but I'm really hoping it will be quicker to get my Dad here at the start of Dec. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, falpat said:

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but wondering if anyone has any experience of current proccessing times for the 651 evisitor visa? The immi website says 31 days, but I'm really hoping it will be quicker to get my Dad here at the start of Dec. 

Thanks

I'm curious as well. I applied for exemption last Monday and after 7 days (5 working days) I got approval, however the 651 visas for my parents are still in "Received" status.
I applied for my father's Visa in September 2020 :-| 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kosmonaft said:

I'm curious as well. I applied for exemption last Monday and after 7 days (5 working days) I got approval, however the 651 visas for my parents are still in "Received" status.
I applied for my father's Visa in September 2020 😐

Thanks, that’s really helpful regarding the exemption timeline (I did my dad’s last thurs night, fingers crossed it’ll be 7 days too!).

I’ve read on another thread in this forum that you are meant to apply for the visa, then the exemption & link the two. And that the visa doesn’t get approved until the exemption is approved. Not sure if that helps at all in your situation.

This morning I got my dad's visa approved.

However my mum's one is still with "Received" status.
I hope they will review the visa application asap as I applied for her Visa after applying for exemption.
Then upload the letter in the exemption application as I couldn't edit the application.
Calling the Department of Home Affairs didn't help as they told me that I can Cancel the exemption application or try to upload the letter as they can't edit an application either 😞

• Like 1

On 02/11/2021 at 01:32, kosmonaft said:

This morning I got my dad's visa approved.

However my mum's one is still with "Received" status.
I hope they will review the visa application asap as I applied for her Visa after applying for exemption.
Then upload the letter in the exemption application as I couldn't edit the application.
Calling the Department of Home Affairs didn't help as they told me that I can Cancel the exemption application or try to upload the letter as they can't edit an application either 😞

Out of interest when did you apply for your Dad’s visa? 

1 hour ago, Pillar_85 said:

For information I applied for a 651 visa on 21st September, and status is still received, I have exemption to travel granted. 

Hi @Pillar_85 when did you get your exemption granted? I'm hoping that once that's granted you get priority for the visa application.

We appiled for my Dad's exemption last Thurs 28 Oct, and it was granted yesterday (4 Nov), so it also took 7 days. He applied for the visa the day before (27 Oct), so hoping it gets approved soon now. 

3 hours ago, Pillar_85 said:

Out of interest when did you apply for your Dad’s visa? 

in September 2020 (last year) 😄 

My mom is still waiting here Visa to be Approved.
On Wednesday (3rd of November) I applied for a new exemption for her (which include her Visa Reference Number) which was approved after 53minutes.
Unfortunately no update on her Visa application 😞

Edited by kosmonaft
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, falpat said:

Hi @Pillar_85 when did you get your exemption granted? I'm hoping that once that's granted you get priority for the visa application.

We appiled for my Dad's exemption last Thurs 28 Oct, and it was granted yesterday (4 Nov), so it also took 7 days. He applied for the visa the day before (27 Oct), so hoping it gets approved soon now. 

My Visa exemption came through 7th October, very quick turnaround. 

Annoyingly my 651 Visa ran out in October, so had to apply for a new one. Which I did on the 21st September, well in advance. So I thought! 

8 hours ago, kosmonaft said:

On Wednesday (3rd of November) I applied for a new exemption for her (which include her Visa Reference Number) which was approved after 53minutes.

Don’t the 651 visa only last 12 Months though. I applied for one back in October 2020 expired this October 

8 hours ago, kosmonaft said:

Apologies, so you applied for a 651 visa September 2020 and it’s only just come through?

6 minutes ago, Pillar_85 said:

My Visa exemption came through 7th October, very quick turnaround. 

Annoyingly my 651 Visa ran out in October, so had to apply for a new one. Which I did on the 21st September, well in advance. So I thought! 

I applied for the exemption on the 2nd October. 

Hopefully my visa comes through soon. I’m meant to be flying in less that two weeks. 

54 minutes ago, Pillar_85 said:

Apologies, so you applied for a 651 visa September 2020 and it’s only just come through?

Yes, I applied (in his name) in September 2020.
Once we got the exemption few hours later his visa got processed as well (01.11.2021).

53 minutes ago, Pillar_85 said:

I applied for the exemption on the 2nd October. 

Hopefully my visa comes through soon. I’m meant to be flying in less that two weeks. 

Good luck with that.

In our first exemption application I put only the Reference Number of my Dad's visa application.
For my Mum I only attached the Immi Letter for visa application.
It's been a week already and still no decision for my mother.

I reckon I did mistake applying for exemption on 26th of October and on 27th of October applying for a visa.
It should be the other way around. However when I applied the Immi website was saying apply for exemption if you don't have a visa.

I tried calling the Department of Home Affairs and no one can give me any information. They are saying to wait and that my Dad got fortunate to get Visa approval so soon after exemption. Which is not true as I know many people who got Visa approval hours after getting the exemption.

It's super annoying as I need to book tickets and Holiday

20 hours ago, kosmonaft said:

@falpat Any update on your Dad visa?

No, nothing since the exemption was approved. Seeing other people (like your Dad) who applied way before us, I think maybe we have a while to wait. But hoping it will still be less than 31 days!

30 minutes ago, Kezzles said:

My parents have applied for 651 and travel exemptions on 1 November. They fly to Australia on 8 December so are very nervous the visas etc wont be processed in time. Any other recent timelines out there?

I have a very similar timeline to you. Exemption was approved after 7 days, still waiting on visa… fingers crossed 

35 minutes ago, falpat said:

No, nothing since the exemption was approved. Seeing other people (like your Dad) who applied way before us, I think maybe we have a while to wait. But hoping it will still be less than 31 days!

I have a very similar timeline to you. Exemption was approved after 7 days, still waiting on visa… fingers crossed 

Please keep any updates coming it's really helpful - applying for our 651 and exemption today for travel in January.  Fingers crossed there is some movement on processing times for these 651 visas soon.  My daughter in Melbourne knows of another case where a friend's mother is travelling in December from the UK and again - like others here on this forum - her exemption came through pretty quickly but still waiting on the visa.  We have had a 143 application in since March 2017 and have noticed over the years that the processing of our 651 visas, which we have used to visit our family from that time, have taken a little longer to come through.  Used to be immediate but then took on average about 5 days.  Guessing that our 143 application may have flagged something in the system - not that there is any issue travelling in on a 651 whilst a 143 has been submitted.  Hope to hear your parents get their visas soon! 

• Like 1

It must be an age thing, but I am finding this all so confusing!

We have flights for early next year, so thought I would start the ball rolling for visas and exemptions.

I applied for 651 for myself and while I was entering my husbands application, my visa was granted!?

Husbands still says 'received'

I thought they wouldn't issue a visa until the exemption process had been followed?

My question now is do I still need to file an exemption, as I already have the visa?

Hi,    Can anyone advise me in the order I should apply in ie,         Buy Flight first

Apply for e651

Apply for Excemption To Travel

Thanks