Quarantine in Perth

Captain Ron

Has anyone stayed in the quarantine facilities in Perth with a family of more than 4?

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) and believe they only let 4 stay in a room.  They let you have another room, but cannot guarantee them to be adjoining rooms.

Trying to find out as much as possible before booking flights to Perth (from UK)

Thank you 

40 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Has anyone stayed in the quarantine facilities in Perth with a family of more than 4?

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) and believe they only let 4 stay in a room.  They let you have another room, but cannot guarantee them to be adjoining rooms.

Trying to find out as much as possible before booking flights to Perth (from UK)

Thank you 

I believe there are some self catering apartments as well, but this is not mentioned in the blurb.

Oh hey Jon, me again!! lol

Just looking at other options.  Ideally we need to get to Melbourne. But we just cannot see our November flight going ahead at this rate, so thinking of other flight options and have one for January but its flying into Perth!! Sigh.. Such bad luck all this lockdown / vaccine business!!

10 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Just looking at other options.  Ideally we need to get to Melbourne. But we just cannot see our November flight going ahead at this rate, so thinking of other flight options and have one for January but its flying into Perth!! Sigh.. Such bad luck all this lockdown / vaccine business!!

My Cousin did London - Perth - Melbourne in July as it was cheaper.  With WA not having any cases at the moment, should be no problem getting to Melbourne once you are clear.

• Like 1

With vaccinations the situation could change by November

It had bloody better or I’ll be out causing a one man riot
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I read a blog that said due to the different times people arrive in Australia they start day one of quarantine the morning after your flight.

Is this true or does the 14 day quarantine start on the day you arrive? 

It starts at the time you arrive. However depending on resources available on release day you may not get released at exactly on the hour of the 14 days.

12 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

It starts at the time you arrive. However depending on resources available on release day you may not get released at exactly on the hour of the 14 days.

Okay, thank you!  (Looking at securing a second flight in to Perth but will need to fly to Melbourne after our quarantine period so was just wondering when to book the Perth to Melbourne leg) x 

52 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Okay, thank you!  (Looking at securing a second flight in to Perth but will need to fly to Melbourne after our quarantine period so was just wondering when to book the Perth to Melbourne leg) x 

Personally I wouldn't be booking it until you are in Perth and can be sure of your time/day of release. Authorities at the hotel should be able to advise of the earliest time you should book for. Also the interstate rules could change a million times by then. 

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

As Nemesis said, wait and see. No need to book domestic flights far in advance anyway.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Personally I wouldn't be booking it until you are in Perth and can be sure of your time/day of release. Authorities at the hotel should be able to advise of the earliest time you should book for. Also the interstate rules could change a million times by then. 

Okay! 👍

On 21/08/2021 at 10:04, Captain Ron said:

I read a blog that said due to the different times people arrive in Australia they start day one of quarantine the morning after your flight.

Is this true or does the 14 day quarantine start on the day you arrive? 

On 21/08/2021 at 12:05, Nemesis said:

I think actually if you arrive after a certain time is ends up being 15 nights.   

On 24/08/2021 at 20:25, Jon the Hat said:

I think actually if you arrive after a certain time is ends up being 15 nights.   

Hello! We just got into our quarantine in Perth. From what it looks like in the paperwork if you arrive between midnight and 07:30 am you would have to wait until 2:30 pm to leave, whereas the rest of the time you would be checked out at the time of arrival or 2:30pm depending on whether you had had your health check and got a pass to be let out by then.

ETA: it is not guaranteed you will get to leave 2 weeks after you arrive. If you show symptoms or get a positive pcr you will be staying longer so you need to be prepared for this eventuality. I would suggest taking Nemesis advice and not book your onward journey until you are cleared from quarantine.

Edited by Nyxkat
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Nyxkat said:

Hello! We just got into our quarantine in Perth. From what it looks like in the paperwork if you arrive between midnight and 07:30 am you would have to wait until 2:30 pm to leave, whereas the rest of the time you would be checked out at the time of arrival or 2:30pm depending on whether you had had your health check and got a pass to be let out by then.

ETA: it is not guaranteed you will get to leave 2 weeks after you arrive. If you show symptoms or get a positive pcr you will be staying longer so you need to be prepared for this eventuality. I would suggest taking Nemesis advice and not book your onward journey until you are cleared from quarantine.

Great information, thank you!

• Like 1