REPATRIATION FLIGHT

Captain Ron

15 minutes ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

When will the flights for September be released?? Need to get a refund for my flight that I got bumped from also. The stress of getting back to oz

It seems a little unusual they haven't been announced yet this month. I'm wondering if they'll be offering fewer flights as there's no time for people to get organised for earlier Sept dates now. Hopefully they offer a few dates, as there is such huge demand now. If they only offer 1 or 2 dates they will sell in minutes I would have thought. 

Do people know if old codes can be used or must the new code in a new email be used for the upcoming dates? (if they even announce any) 

6 hours ago, bicek said:

It seems a little unusual they haven't been announced yet this month. I'm wondering if they'll be offering fewer flights as there's no time for people to get organised for earlier Sept dates now. Hopefully they offer a few dates, as there is such huge demand now. If they only offer 1 or 2 dates they will sell in minutes I would have thought. 

Do people know if old codes can be used or must the new code in a new email be used for the upcoming dates? (if they even announce any) 

Frankfurt was new codes I know that much.  

6 hours ago, bicek said:

Yeah, ive heard new code needed

6 hours ago, bicek said:

And Singapore Airlines have also started cancelling flights now, up until the 10th of September so EVEN MORE people will be trying for the DFAT flight!!! 

• Sad 1

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Oh dear! Are you trying to leave UK too? What is your situation currently?

We've sold our house. We have to be out by end of September. Currently packing house and have MoveCubes booked in and paid for. We have flights booked with Singapore. We are now jobless in UK. 

We have 3 kids (1 of which is newborn). Our eldest is school age. 

Our cat is booked to fly end of September (before us!) so they might make it there without us! ✈️

It's the kids we're worried about. Stability for them, school for our eldest if we're stuck here. And them not having their toys etc for months on end. Not to mention the finances if we are stuck here jobless. And our cat potentially in Australia without us!! 

Oh gosh! When are your flights for?  We also have flights with Singapore, for 4th November.  But we also booked for 4th January as a back up! But we really, really hope to get the November flight!!  

We also have 3 kids.  My youngest is 2 and have to find a nursery, a junior and a high school.  We also have a cat flying. But we made the decision for her to stay in a cattery and fly after us by a few days.. 

We are also stuck with the school situation if we have to stay here past November! Both boys are not down anywhere. My eldest just finished Yr 6 BUT because of when he was born/age, he is due to do YR6 again in Australia (which is fine if we get there) but if we stay in UK and he has to attend school it means he will start YR 7 here then get taken out and go back to YR 6 in Australia!  I have looked at home school etc but that is not my ideal situation having experienced it during lockdown, lol!  

We are fortunately renting and although we have given in our notice we have also mentioned the current situation with flights and that we might be here longer (than we want to be)sigh!!

Congratulations on your newborn 🙂

Where are you guys heading?  We are moving to Melbourne x 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Oh gosh! When are your flights for?  We also have flights with Singapore, for 4th November.  But we also booked for 4th January as a back up! But we really, really hope to get the November flight!!  

We also have 3 kids.  My youngest is 2 and have to find a nursery, a junior and a high school.  We also have a cat flying. But we made the decision for her to stay in a cattery and fly after us by a few days.. 

We are also stuck with the school situation if we have to stay here past November! Both boys are not down anywhere. My eldest just finished Yr 6 BUT because of when he was born/age, he is due to do YR6 again in Australia (which is fine if we get there) but if we stay in UK and he has to attend school it means he will start YR 7 here then get taken out and go back to YR 6 in Australia!  I have looked at home school etc but that is not my ideal situation having experienced it during lockdown, lol!  

We are fortunately renting and although we have given in our notice we have also mentioned the current situation with flights and that we might be here longer (than we want to be)sigh!!

We are booked for early October. I'm not convinced we will stand a chance of our flights going ahead, when they're only letting 6 or so people onto economy on each flight. We are considering booking backup flights but the earliest available are end of jan/Feb. Crazy! 

Oh wow you also have a lot of juggle too, it's incredibly stressful when the kids education is involved isn't it. Trying to time it in a way that is the least disruptive to them feels quite impossible in the current circumstances. We haven't approached schools yet as we just don't know when we will get there let along where we will be able to find rented accommodation. Hoping to buy somewhere quite soon but we have the added complication that we are both self employed so getting a mortgage in a new country with no credit or employment history.....we may have to wait a while. 

I think we will de-register our eldest from school and home school them until we get to Australia. It seems the only option available to us as we will likely have to move in with family for a bit if we can't get on our flight, and they live 3 hrs away. 

We are also moving to Melbourne, but currently booked to fly into Sydney. Are you flying into Melbourne for both November and January flights? What areas in Melbourne are you thinking of moving to? 

Wishing you the best of luck and that we both make it there before Christmas! 

1 hour ago, bicek said:

We are booked for early October. I'm not convinced we will stand a chance of our flights going ahead, when they're only letting 6 or so people onto economy on each flight. We are considering booking backup flights but the earliest available are end of jan/Feb. Crazy! 

Oh wow you also have a lot of juggle too, it's incredibly stressful when the kids education is involved isn't it. Trying to time it in a way that is the least disruptive to them feels quite impossible in the current circumstances. We haven't approached schools yet as we just don't know when we will get there let along where we will be able to find rented accommodation. Hoping to buy somewhere quite soon but we have the added complication that we are both self employed so getting a mortgage in a new country with no credit or employment history.....we may have to wait a while. 

I think we will de-register our eldest from school and home school them until we get to Australia. It seems the only option available to us as we will likely have to move in with family for a bit if we can't get on our flight, and they live 3 hrs away. 

We are also moving to Melbourne, but currently booked to fly into Sydney. Are you flying into Melbourne for both November and January flights? What areas in Melbourne are you thinking of moving to? 

Wishing you the best of luck and that we both make it there before Christmas! 

I emailed 2 schools few months ago and not much to offer unless you live in the catchment area, so it really is a wait until you are there situation and once you know the area you want to live in then you look at the schools in the area.  I think it must all be virtually done currently due to closures and lockdowns.  

Our Singapore November flights are to Melbourne. We are booked with Quantas for January also in to Melbourne. We also registered with DFAT but decided to book a back up flight for January because so many thousands will be trying to frantically book DFAT and i cannot handle the every minute refreshing and then try and book for 5 people, Lol! And with more flights being cancelled now im sure any Jan/Feb flights that are left will be gone soon! Its all a big mess really!

Not sure where we will be living yet in Melbourne we have never been there, lol!! We like the look of a few areas but will have to sus it out further once there.  Hampton, Brighton, St Kilda, Sandringham etc 

I created this thread on here to try and talk more about Melbourne 🙂

17 minutes ago, Ben P said:

@Chris 2020 oz I got an email today with some September dates, three to be precise (1 Hobart and 2 Darwin).

Was around 10am UK time. I never booked any as I’m travelling later in the year. 

Yes I saw them come in luckily and we booked our flights for the latter date. They were all gone really fast, less than 30 minutes. I couldn't see any premium or Business flights, just seemed to be economy available for the 21 Sept date. 

We now need to pack up a bit faster as it's brought our moving date forward by a week! 

So relieved we finally have a confirmed date to work towards!! 

• Congratulations 2

5 minutes ago, bicek said:

Yes I saw them come in luckily and we booked our flights for the latter date. They were all gone really fast, less than 30 minutes. I couldn't see any premium or Business flights, just seemed to be economy available for the 21 Sept date. 

We now need to pack up a bit faster as it's brought our moving date forward by a week! 

So relieved we finally have a confirmed date to work towards!! 

So happy for you!! Now you don't have to worry about your October flight not going ahead!! Hope your cat gets sorted too.

All the best!

Edited by Captain Ron

31 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

So happy for you!! Now you don't have to worry about your October flight not going ahead!! Hope your cat gets sorted too.

All the best!

Thank you! 

Yep I think the pet transport company can take our cat a bit earlier and look after them until their flight. Such a relief! Although I think I'll be packing day and night now until the flights, Eep! I've been packing for over a week now already and feel like I've barely made a dent 😅 

Now just need to figure out our connecting flights to Melbourne and all the quarantine stuff. Feeling very real now and so so grateful we got seats. Might need to pinch myself a few times! 

Right, back to packing!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ben P said:

@Chris 2020 oz I got an email today with some September dates, three to be precise (1 Hobart and 2 Darwin).

Was around 10am UK time. I never booked any as I’m travelling later in the year. 

Thank u pal. We are booked for the 8th to Darwin. Now the problem is getting the money back from British Airways for the flight we was bumped from. 🙄

On 19/08/2021 at 17:29, Maussie said:

I remember seeing 105cm too (I think on an early email but not sure where). Got the tape measure out and was feeling pretty miffed but then noticed the e-ticket pdf states 115cm. We took >105cm cabin cases and didn't have any issues. 

Did you travel with children at all? Just wanted to confirm what the baggage allowance is for infants/kids on these flights. 

1 hour ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

Booked on the 8th to Darwin. What an emotional roller coaster. Now the problem were having is getting the money back off British Airways for our bumped flight. Hopefully getting to Melbourne won't be to much agro aswell. Hope u all got on there people. See you over on the sunny Side. 🌞

Do you know how we are supposed to book our connecting flights from Darwin? 

11 minutes ago, bicek said:

Do you know how we are supposed to book our connecting flights from Darwin? 

I was advised on here not to worry about those flights until you are in quarantine and the staff are able to tell you your exact exit date then you will know when to book your flight out to Melbourne.

Edited by Captain Ron

On 27/08/2021 at 19:08, bicek said:

We've sold our house. We have to be out by end of September. Currently packing house and have MoveCubes booked in and paid for. We have flights booked with Singapore. We are now jobless in UK. 

We have 3 kids (1 of which is newborn). Our eldest is school age. 

Our cat is booked to fly end of September (before us!) so they might make it there without us! ✈️

It's the kids we're worried about. Stability for them, school for our eldest if we're stuck here. And them not having their toys etc for months on end. Not to mention the finances if we are stuck here jobless. And our cat potentially in Australia without us!! 

On 27/08/2021 at 19:55, Captain Ron said:

We also have 3 kids and are heading to Melbourne. Hope your pathway back was not a stressful as ours.