Child 101 Visa or Holiday Visa and Apply in Oz

JMcW89

Hi People,

I have  question around taking children to Australia.

My partner and I emigrated to Australia on a permanent resident visa subclass 189 in 2015., We then returned to the UK to live in 2019 and have been in the UK ever since  Last year (2020) we renewed our travel facility on our permanent residency visa to allow us to return to Australia soon.  While back in the UK we have had our fist child :). 

My wife has recently been offered a job in Australia with a start date on Feb 2022.  Our son is not a permanent resident of Australia however, we don't have the time to apply and wait for the application to be processed.  A friend of ours previously emigrated to Australia with their child and while they had residency, they got their child into the country on a holiday visa and then applied for his residency while in Australia. My concern with this approach is that with a holiday visa, wont Australian authorities want to see and exit flight booked.

Anyway any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 hours ago, JMcW89 said:

My concern with this approach is that with a holiday visa, wont Australian authorities want to see and exit flight booked.

It is perfectly legal and appropriate to make a further visa application in Australia whilst holding a visitor visa (unless the conditions of your visa specifically preclude this).