Declaring this less than 12 months old

Jon the Hat

Hi Folks

Re the requirement to declare things less than 12 months old, we have bought one or two things this year, a new fridge, armchair, bike and tent.  Does everyone list normal stuff like this, or are they looking for people who are trying to bring in 10x boxed TVs etc?  For example our tent was a replacement for one which was returned and mostly paid for with a credit note from last year - would you declare this?  £1700 worth.

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Thanks all, I think on that basis the tent is my only concern, however they are actually cheaper in AU than here (NZ brand tent) so I am losing money, but had to buy it as I had a credit note to spend!

You will be fine. Now if you had 5 brand new tents ,that might raise eyebrows,lol

Cal x

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rammygirl said:

The only concern they will have with a used tent is how clean it is. One speck of organic matter and you will have to pay for fumigation or destruction!

This is the issue, I want to say it is unused (it is) so they don't try to clean it, but that might mean $000s in duty for something which cost me more than list price in Australia!