Initial Entry Extension Partner Visa

Summer 213

Hello,

I just wondered if anyone had applied for an extension on for their partner visa initial entry date and whether it had been successful or not?

We are considering applying for one due to personal circumstances/coronavirus. We are also using a emigration lawyer. 

• 3 weeks later...

yes I applied. Automatic system really easy response within two days granting extension. word of caution though. only apply when you are sure you can travel. as I have extension but cannot activate the visa and then come back to put affairs in order due to outgoing travel restrictions. hence its a case of selling house getting dogs booked on flights and then travelling. 

22 hours ago, Meath Lass said:

yes I applied. Automatic system really easy response within two days granting extension. word of caution though. only apply when you are sure you can travel. as I have extension but cannot activate the visa and then come back to put affairs in order due to outgoing travel restrictions. hence its a case of selling house getting dogs booked on flights and then travelling. 

HI, can I ask how long they gave you as an extension and when they dated it from?  We are in a similar situation, have the 309 granted and first entry is 12th April 2022, but thinking about applying for extension as it looks volatile in Australia just now with the lockdowns etc and good chance our flights could get bumped!

56 minutes ago, Greystones said:

HI, can I ask how long they gave you as an extension and when they dated it from?  We are in a similar situation, have the 309 granted and first entry is 12th April 2022, but thinking about applying for extension as it looks volatile in Australia just now with the lockdowns etc and good chance our flights could get bumped!

The extension gives you a year, my initial entry date had passed so I was given a year from the date I applied for the extension. It comes back quickly too very easy to obtain.