Peter Mclaughlin

High Income Threshold for PR from a 482 query

Hi All

I wonder if someone can assist me in advising how the High Income Threshold amounts are calculated to allow for transition to apply for a186 visa Temporary Transition Scheme after working for the business for 3 years.

In essence I am on 482 visa as a Construction Project Manager and noticed the FWHIT has increased to $158,500 for FY21/22. I am concerned that I maybe below this as I believe that car allowances, bonuses and Superannuation is not calculated in your total re-numeration. You need to be above this amount for each year of the 3 years you are employed with the same company (Sponsor) and I am half way through, meeting the criteria last year.

I know someone out there will have the answer for me and thank you in advance - Basically, is your car benefit / phone allowance included or is it just your base salary? 

Thanks Pete

On 17/07/2021 at 16:31, Peter Mclaughlin said:

...the FWHIT has increased to $158,500 for FY21/22. I am concerned that I maybe below this as I believe that car allowances, bonuses and Superannuation is not calculated in your total re-numeration.

I am pretty certain it doesn't include superannuation.   For the rest, a car allowance is just that, an allowance, so it wouldn't be included.  If, on the other hand, you're salary sacrificing for a car or additional super or whatever, then it's part of your remuneration package--but I would still pay for professional advice from someone like Westly, to be sure.  

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke