190 visa want to leave before 2 years period

Martina

Hello all, 

I have been granted 190 visa and moved to VIC in December 2019. So, I have another 5 months to fulfill my commitment to the state. I've come to decision that I want to move to QLD and I am wondering if any of you asked the VIC state recently to wave off a couple of months of your comittment? Were you succesfull? How long did it take for you to get a response from the goverment? Would it make it easier to find a job in QLD first and then write a letter to the government? 

My only worry is that I am a Registered Nurse and it might be a bit tricky for the goverment to let go off a skilled health care worker in the covid era. 

My reasons to leave the state is mostly my unhappiness with the local goverment, safety and higher salaries for nurses in QLD. 

Thank you for your answers xx

With only 5 months to go I wouldnt bother wasting my time.  Victoria needs its nurses and you have a job.  So, you are unhappy - stick it out for 5 more months and you can be in Qld, legitimately, before Christmas without any stressful dealings with the state government and no fear of reprisals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martina said:

Hello all, 

I have been granted 190 visa and moved to VIC in December 2019. So, I have another 5 months to fulfill my commitment to the state. I've come to decision that I want to move to QLD and I am wondering if any of you asked the VIC state recently to wave off a couple of months of your comittment?..... Would it make it easier to find a job in QLD first and then write a letter to the government? 

If there are jobs available for nurses in Victoria, then no, it wouldn't make any difference at all.   

It's extremely unlikely that you will get a release letter.   It won't do you any harm to write and request one, then you will know where you stand.   

I know that if you're unhappy, five months can feel like a long time - but it's not that long, really.   Much better to stick it out than jeopardise your long-term future.

4 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

Is there another job you could jump over to that may make you feel a bit better, even if it just pays your expenses while you wait?

This. How about some locum work? You might come across something that'll broaden your experience.