Full English Fry Up

Dan Not Dale

21 hours ago, newjez said:

Actually, black pudding is really nice.

Not just a bit nice, but really nice.

You should try it. Really no different to any other sausage. Just don't think about it.

Not a great fan of liver, but a good steak and kidney pie is to die for.

My mother in law used to eat soft cod roe till I told her it was sperm. She didn't seem as keen after that, even though she'd eaten it all her life.

Its not sperm it is eggs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Parley said:

Don't order the cheval

I ordered something in a little northern French village once. My French isn't great and they didn't speak English. It turned out to be the most tender and succulent steak I've ever had. Could have been horse. I'd have it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

I remember when I was in Rouen on work experience, the most popular dish in the restaurants was pigs' testicles. Never quite worked up enough courage to try it.

The French and Belgians eat every part of the animal.  😝  I became a very picky eater when I lived there.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2021 at 12:03, Dan Not Dale said:

Anyone know anywhere in Melbourne where you can get a decent what I would call a ‘full English’ breakfast? 

A workmate wants to try one.

You know, sausage, bacon, beans, toast, mushrooms, hash browns and all that. He even wants to try black pudding with it.

Best you will get in terms of a Greasy Spoon is the Port Truckie Diner.  However the sausages are beef and no black pudding.  Also like every Aussie breakfast, they can't resist putting a bit of garnish on🤣🙄

Port Truckie Diner | restaurant | 420 Footscray Rd, Melbourne VIC 3003, Australia | 0396899975 OR +61 3 9689 9975

If you want black pudding you are going to have to cook your own breakfast.  You can get black pudding at most Woolies now (Irish Clonakilty) or Rob's Butchers in Dandenong makes a great version.

Or come round to mine😉

gZalHVxn_KW3l0xfxRhVAT9D1RpwDEbxMyMxfKpLl7jxjvCmbIs_alHGxUGdRYPgltwavydFcXdMRft3ey1_jHyNgSKMuWwJT4VMgb09rKIGtJlmWCpxIe4gSy9tHDBNgXIC8tlD3RM7SEXqNB-BfgfV17iMS1LbQzTkSTOU1QG2B2KMDVQyzQzZMPz_VsuHOcN49kXp5nXmLrGntuZDXYv3U7eqYIf8aZ0R_GHR-B4RIB-4tZmD7bjI222A2u1BacgdPkytG1T6iO7CvHG87wfMs7oHEeFoU9v2ELexRSYiJO3KyETiB7XVcGumIWwGJjHuhUKqmdy0yAXkDfDTH0zRbJmAeajsNajtZFS53q-v3egmc_mfVb6itjkbhu6RXbkE15CcRwW6v-3gJ_oE3yb6LUDEfm0WBgVr6llxZXri5hPUT8HyTN3ML8de2y1gIPJIBCb3gV3LH-FzNdtCX_QooffcwS1KO9pluqm9_MW6Pi1UrD_VY0jyKnW1YMabFm0uOZEEwHYD-1rHeXu9uOwcEXHfcIHE4g2xfqQkKlKlyVV1380fn8CF-jqs7s3HVBA9UYKlN78_0TcN877dWlLa4MPKfK-aLD6kUaa-cYUSTbRrVl4kiZfto58uP-O4Hth1SWOf8nCPXH51wk3YC6Zk4ufHflxaHdlMkaIqhhHXge5acriz1dV-Jjff5z3Izzl5UeB8-FepFpCgLpg6n8qKWA=w1292-h969-no?authuser=0

• Like 3

6 hours ago, unzippy said:

Best you will get in terms of a Greasy Spoon is the Port Truckie Diner.  However the sausages are beef and no black pudding.  Also like every Aussie breakfast, they can't resist putting a bit of garnish on🤣🙄

Port Truckie Diner | restaurant | 420 Footscray Rd, Melbourne VIC 3003, Australia | 0396899975 OR +61 3 9689 9975

If you want black pudding you are going to have to cook your own breakfast.  You can get black pudding at most Woolies now (Irish Clonakilty) or Rob's Butchers in Dandenong makes a great version.

Or come round to mine😉

gZalHVxn_KW3l0xfxRhVAT9D1RpwDEbxMyMxfKpLl7jxjvCmbIs_alHGxUGdRYPgltwavydFcXdMRft3ey1_jHyNgSKMuWwJT4VMgb09rKIGtJlmWCpxIe4gSy9tHDBNgXIC8tlD3RM7SEXqNB-BfgfV17iMS1LbQzTkSTOU1QG2B2KMDVQyzQzZMPz_VsuHOcN49kXp5nXmLrGntuZDXYv3U7eqYIf8aZ0R_GHR-B4RIB-4tZmD7bjI222A2u1BacgdPkytG1T6iO7CvHG87wfMs7oHEeFoU9v2ELexRSYiJO3KyETiB7XVcGumIWwGJjHuhUKqmdy0yAXkDfDTH0zRbJmAeajsNajtZFS53q-v3egmc_mfVb6itjkbhu6RXbkE15CcRwW6v-3gJ_oE3yb6LUDEfm0WBgVr6llxZXri5hPUT8HyTN3ML8de2y1gIPJIBCb3gV3LH-FzNdtCX_QooffcwS1KO9pluqm9_MW6Pi1UrD_VY0jyKnW1YMabFm0uOZEEwHYD-1rHeXu9uOwcEXHfcIHE4g2xfqQkKlKlyVV1380fn8CF-jqs7s3HVBA9UYKlN78_0TcN877dWlLa4MPKfK-aLD6kUaa-cYUSTbRrVl4kiZfto58uP-O4Hth1SWOf8nCPXH51wk3YC6Zk4ufHflxaHdlMkaIqhhHXge5acriz1dV-Jjff5z3Izzl5UeB8-FepFpCgLpg6n8qKWA=w1292-h969-no?authuser=0

Both of those look tremendous!! 👍
Have driven past that butchers in Dandenong! Is it any good?

2 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

I wonder where they came from? On a lot of breakfasts here. Potato cakes are traditional though? Scottish?

They came from the USA.  I read somewhere that they appeared in the US about the same time as processed (frying) chips.  The small offcuts from the chips could be compounded to make the hash browns.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2021 at 21:55, unzippy said:

Rob's is brilliant.

Proper cold smoked bacon, pork sausages and a whole load of other stuff!

https://m.facebook.com/robsbritishbutcher/

Yeah I had a quick Google after asking the question. As soon as lockdown is over I’m there with a big budget! 
nice to hear it confirmed that’s it’s good!

• Like 1

On 07/08/2021 at 19:46, Dan Not Dale said:

Yeah I had a quick Google after asking the question. As soon as lockdown is over I’m there with a big budget! 
nice to hear it confirmed that’s it’s good!

Depending where you are, they do deliveries during lockdown - check their Facebook.