Visitor Visa validity start time

PCP

I am planning to lodge the visitor visa for my parents but is it possible that after few months visa is granted but due to border restriction they can't land in Australia? And when the validity period starts - when the visa is granted OR when they arrive in Australia OR immigration provides a date for the last entry?

25 minutes ago, PCP said:

To be honest, I have no idea if they can/will grant a visitor visa or not. I am just asking if anyone has any idea if immigration can grant a visa before opening a border or not?

You can apply for the visa, then you apply for a travel exemption quoting the visa application reference number. 

you will need to show compelling reasons why they need to enter Australia 

Because you won't be able to travel even if the visa is granted, they're not granting any visitor visas (or similar temporary visas) at the moment unless you first obtain a travel exemption associated with that particular visa application.

16 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You can apply for the visa, then you apply for a travel exemption quoting the visa application reference number. 

you will need to show compelling reasons why they need to enter Australia 

Ah, this makes sense. Thank you. 🙂

11 minutes ago, rtritudr said:

Because you won't be able to travel even if the visa is granted, they're not granting any visitor visas (or similar temporary visas) at the moment unless you first obtain a travel exemption associated with that particular visa application.

I think you are right. Thank you 🙂

18 hours ago, rammygirl said:

But to answer the original question a visitor visa is valid from the date of issue.

Thank you. Btw, will it be valid for a year (if granted for a year) from the first entry in Australia or from the grant date?

Valid from grant. Read the conditions carefully they usually say valid for multiple entry up to three month stay for one year.  So if granted on 1st August you could be I. Aus for three months from Sept say then re enter anytime up to the 31st July so effectively you get a year and three months. But as I say read the detail carefully as they do vary.