JennySN

Visitor visa

Anyone been approved for an Australian visitor visa subclass 600 recently? My husband applied on March 20 and still haven’t heard anything from them.  

35 minutes ago, JennySN said:

Anyone been approved for an Australian visitor visa subclass 600 recently? My husband applied on March 20 and still haven’t heard anything from them.  

It sounds as though they haven't managed to connect the travel exemption and the visitor visa so it is just sitting there not being processed.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

It sounds as though they haven't managed to connect the travel exemption and the visitor visa so it is just sitting there not being processed.

“Confirmation of this advice has been recorded in Australia’s electronic visa system and if they hold a visa, the individuals listed may travel to Australia in accordance with usual visa and border requirements.”

This was on exemption request approval for my husband. So we didnt attach the exemption to his visa. It’s electronically listed on the system. 

4 hours ago, JennySN said:

“Confirmation of this advice has been recorded in Australia’s electronic visa system and if they hold a visa, the individuals listed may travel to Australia in accordance with usual visa and border requirements.”

This was on exemption request approval for my husband. So we didnt attach the exemption to his visa. It’s electronically listed on the system. 

Unfortunately that only applies if he held a visa at the time the travel exemption was granted.  As he didn’t hold a visa, there was no visa to attach it to 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Just apply for a new travel exemption and provide your 600 visa application TRN and you should be good to go.

• Like 2

I spoke to immigration office today. She told me I don’t need to submit the exemption to the visa application as it’s done automatically. Just submitted new exemption application. Hopefully we hear good news soon. Thank you all 

1 hour ago, JennySN said:

I spoke to immigration office today. She told me I don’t need to submit the exemption to the visa application as it’s done automatically. Just submitted new exemption application. Hopefully we hear good news soon. Thank you all 

Yes, she is right, PROVIDED you quoted the TRN (reference number) for your 600 visa application in your travel exemption application.   If you don't quote the number, they don't make the connection and it won't work.

So my husband reapplied for the travel exemption and it’s been approved. Now much longer does it take to get his visitor visa subclass 600 approved?  It’s almost 4 most since he applied. 
thnx in advance 

4 hours ago, JennySN said:

So my husband reapplied for the travel exemption and it’s been approved. Now much longer does it take to get his visitor visa subclass 600 approved?  It’s almost 4 most since he applied. 
thnx in advance 

Did he quote his visa application number in his exemption application?