Holds bridging A for 190. And got invite for 491 NSW

Guru Amrit Pal Singh

I holds bridging visa A because I lodge file for 190 visa under motor Mechenic trade course in January 2020, but still waiting for visa grand. 
Now, my wife got invite for 491 visa under registered nurse for NSW state. 
question is if I will accept 491 visa application then what will happen to 190 visa, which I lodge in January 2020. 
and if i will get 491 visa grand before 190 visa grand then what will happen to 190 visa application? It will continue along with 491 visa and will grand or it will removed automatically from the immigration department? 

if i will get 491 visa grand (t) before 190 visa grand(t) then what will happen to 190 visa application?

Nothing! Notify  immigration about the change in circumstances.

The most recent visa granted replaces visas held.

Russell explained how it would work but I'll have a go at rewording it

You can only hold one substantive visa at a time (usually) so at the moment you hold Bridging A.

Get granted a 491 (as part of your partner application) would grant you a 491 and revoke the bridging visa.

You should update your 190 file with this change. It won't affect your chances of being given a 190 though (or at least shouldn't)

If you later get granted a 190 that will cancel your 491 and leave you with a 190 visa. Equally if your partner is on your 190 application that would also cancel their 491 (as they now have a 190)

All of this is fine if your 491 and 190 are for the same state. It's an issue if they aren't for two reasons (let's say 491 is for WA and 190 is for NSW)

1) the granting of the 190 revokes the 491, so any work rights in WA conveyed by the original visa would be removed and you'd only be able to work in NSW

2) if you have a newly granted 491 from one state and the 190 different sponsoring state sees that they might decline to offer as they want people committed to their state not just anywhere in Australia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/07/2021 at 17:10, Ausvisitor said:

Russell explained how it would work but I'll have a go at rewording it

You can only hold one substantive visa at a time (usually) so at the moment you hold Bridging A.

Get granted a 491 (as part of your partner application) would grant you a 491 and revoke the bridging visa.

You should update your 190 file with this change. It won't affect your chances of being given a 190 though (or at least shouldn't)

If you later get granted a 190 that will cancel your 491 and leave you with a 190 visa. Equally if your partner is on your 190 application that would also cancel their 491 (as they now have a 190)

All of this is fine if your 491 and 190 are for the same state. It's an issue if they aren't for two reasons (let's say 491 is for WA and 190 is for NSW)

1) the granting of the 190 revokes the 491, so any work rights in WA conveyed by the original visa would be removed and you'd only be able to work in NSW

2) if you have a newly granted 491 from one state and the 190 different sponsoring state sees that they might decline to offer as they want people committed to their state not just anywhere in Australia

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. I really need this information. But, i have searched a lot on immigration website but I did not get any information regarding this. If you can give me reference of your reply on my problem, it will really appreciate. Once again thank you for the reply. 

9 hours ago, Guru Amrit Pal Singh said:

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. I really need this information. But, i have searched a lot on immigration website but I did not get any information regarding this. If you can give me reference of your reply on my problem, it will really appreciate. Once again thank you for the reply. 

I'm not a migration expert.

My view on your situation comes from research and discussion with my own agent that was paid for the advice.

I can certainly recommend engaging a true RMA they are more than worth their fees, and certainly much better than all us well meaning amateurs