Is Australia permitting emigration from UK?

Scoote

Hi, 

Can anybody shed any light on whether Australia has put a temporary ban on new immigrants from UK due to covid?

Ate borders closed indefinitely? I don't know where to find out whether me and my family can continue our plans to emigrate to Australia from the UK at the start of 2022. We already have our 189 visa granted in 2019, but due to covid last year we postponed our emigration. 

We want to get back on track but not sure if there are still restrictions and the immigration website doesn't really provide any clarity.

Be grateful for any advice please.

Scoote

Ps. I had a new baby this year too, so I believe I need to apply for a 101 visa for my new baby to emigrate with us. Is that correct? I need advice so I can work out a timeline for our m8vd.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Scoote said:

Hi, 

Can anybody shed any light on whether Australia has put a temporary ban on new immigrants from UK due to covid?

Ate borders closed indefinitely? I don't know where to find out whether me and my family can continue our plans to emigrate to Australia from the UK at the start of 2022. We already have our 189 visa granted in 2019, but due to covid last year we postponed our emigration. 

We want to get back on track but not sure if there are still restrictions and the immigration website doesn't really provide any clarity.

Scoote

Ps. I had a new baby this year too, so I believe I need to apply for a 101 visa for my new baby to emigrate with us. Is that correct? I need advice so I can work out a timeline for our m8vd.

Cheers

If you have a 189 you are a Permanent Resident (so subject to being able to get a flight) you are allowed to enter Australia - you will need 14 day quarantine.

You will need your little one to be granted a visa first before you go and the processing of all visas is slower than usual due to COVID staffing.

PS in a similar position except ours is a 190 and no new baby, we are booked for early September so here is hoping the flight takes off with us on it

Edited by Ausvisitor

8 hours ago, Scoote said:

Hi, 

Scoote

Cheers

Incoming flights numbers have just been halved to around 3,000 passengers/week, so you're problem will be getting a flight. It's highly likely that you'll get bumped off unless book a business of first class flight. I believe if you're on a 189 (as I was many years ago), your first entry into Australia must be by a certain date. That may have changed in light of covid, but if was you' I'd plan to arrive here long before that date to avoid complications. Apply for the 101 for your baby ASAP - and good luck. 

18 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Incoming flights numbers have just been halved to around 3,000 passengers/week, so you're problem will be getting a flight. It's highly likely that you'll get bumped off unless book a business of first class flight. I believe if you're on a 189 (as I was many years ago), your first entry into Australia must be by a certain date. That may have changed in light of covid, but if was you' I'd plan to arrive here long before that date to avoid complications. Apply for the 101 for your baby ASAP - and good luck. 

They have said that because of covid the must enter by is not being enforced and so long as you arrive before the visa expiry you will be allowed to "land"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

They have said that because of covid the must enter by is not being enforced and so long as you arrive before the visa expiry you will be allowed to "land"

They didn't say that anywhere on our 189s granted 3 months ago and applications were made well into Covid lockdowns. Would've thought it makes sense to do this but I couldn't find anything official on it though may not have looked in the right place.

Is there a website or correspondence that explicitly states this for all PR holders or case by case?  The worry is if it's all a bit vague and at their discretion they may not honour anything implied when the time comes. 

1 hour ago, Maussie said:

They didn't say that anywhere on our 189s granted 3 months ago and applications were made well into Covid lockdowns. Would've thought it makes sense to do this but I couldn't find anything official on it though may not have looked in the right place.

Is there a website or correspondence that explicitly states this for all PR holders or case by case?  The worry is if it's all a bit vague and at their discretion they may not honour anything implied when the time comes. 

You need to apply, and it depends on your reasons for requesting an extension whether or not they will grant one. This article seems helpful...

https://www.am22tech.com/au/extend-pr-initial-entry-date/

Thanks, so it's not an automatic exemption then. I've seen the below letter too but anything that involves interpretation of rules is a risk. Travel for first entry for us is difficult and certainly pricey but not impossible, so we're planning on going over to meet that particular requirement (condition 8504), quarantining and spending a few weeks there to make it worthwhile but then flying back to the UK where we are ordinarily domiciled which, as odd as it all is, is apparently allowed. We do intend to move obviously but finer details are a little up in the air with everything going on.  

If they could provide certainty it would assuage concerns but the impression I get is that is deliberately left vague. 

IMG_20210704_124951.jpg

Edited by Maussie
changed image size