Child 101 visa for new baby while in UK

Scoote

Hi, my family (partner and 2 kids) already have our 189 visa to emigrate to australia from the UK. These were granted Nov 2019. We had intended to emigrate last year (2020) but due to covid we postponed our plans to this year (2021). 

However, I got pregnant and had my 3rd child in the UK in May 2021. We are now planning to emigrate to Oz at the start of 2022, however I now need a visa for my baby.

Please can someone confirm that the 101 visa is the correct visa I need to apply for? Am I eligible to act as my baby's sponsor for the 101 visa even though we haven't yet moved to Oz, we are still in the UK?

Also, if the 101 visa is the correct one, and both me and my partner (he's the father if all 3 of our kids) are emigrating to Oz with our other 2 kids, do we still need to fill out the 1229 form as part of the 101 visa application for our new baby?

The guidance says we need to fill out paper form and post it to Australia, is that correct?

I would be grateful for anybody who has recent similar experience to reassure me I am on the tight lines. We are hoping that the covid situation will improve so that our plans yo emigrate in wacky 2022 can go ahead without further delay.

Many thanks in advance 

Sarah

7 hours ago, Scoote said:

Please can someone confirm that the 101 visa is the correct visa I need to apply for? Am I eligible to act as my baby's sponsor for the 101 visa even though we haven't yet moved to Oz,

Assuming you visited to activate your visa by the required date, then yes you are eligible