190 Offshore Visa Applicants

Just checking into our fellow offshore +15 months 190`s, thought it would be useful to have a new thread for us. We are now at 19 months and not a dickie bird 😂😭. Crazy crazy wating times. We could be in a position that we applied in 2019 and may not get our grant until 2022/2023 🤯

Quotas for this year's 190`s have been released @ 14,400 for 2021/2022 program. A FOI released recently by the Doha suggested that there were 11,500 unprocessed 190's as at the end of March 2021. The DoHA planning levels for this year is 11,200 visa grants 😖

Should  the states use up all their new/current quota of 14,400 nominations for the 190's, which they will, there will be over 10,000 visa applicants who will not get their visa's this year, and will have to wait for the next year's quota released again from July 2022 onwards.

For those of us that applied end 2019 beginning of 2020, we may be waiting for around a minimum of 2.5 years for the grant should they continue to ignore us. 

It also look extremely ominous for offshore applicants who manage to get invited for 190's from now on, may be looking at a 2 year wait minimum, job offer or not before their visa grant is processed or even looked at. My suggestion would be to go for employer nomination (not PR) if your job is on the pmsol list and you have an irrevocable job offer. For the 190 offshore, pmsol or not, it's a long road and no short cuts at the moment unfortunately. (Current time frame is 17 months) There are around 5,500 onshore 190 applicants waiting for their grants and lots are already working in Pmsol occupations and have not been expedited. Also 5,600 offshores as of end of March 2021 lots too in pmsol occupations. So they are not in any hurry to grant 190's. 

Maybe the new quota is just for us legacy applicants, happy days! 😂

On a side note, 20,000 temporary visa holder entered Australia last month. Go figure...

If any of you below are up for a whatsapp group, or private Facebook group let me know could create one..? Can pm after. 

@31Hillbury

@Joe/Rose

@Domo

@NQ679

• Like 2

Maybe this could be our centralised thread since our 190 offshore discussions have been a bit all over the place. I'm a 190 NSW applicant waiting since March 30, 2020 with of course no contact. Immigration seemed in a hurry to take my money as each phase before applying went very quick. But I can't blame them for Covid.

• Like 1

Absolutely, some of the threads just seem to have gone astray or off topic. Apols also for not quoting you, couldn't remember all off hand, probably missed others too. Should you like to join a private group, or if anyone else in a similar position as us and wants thinks it's a good idea please let me know. But a centralised thread is a start!

I think the fact that you can be sponsored, and apply and get told that they only process so many a year and you have no visibility whatsoever as to when that may be. Processing times are just a smoke screen (covid too) and every stage of the visa process seems to be much longer than you anticipate. I also like that processing times for some skilled visa's are split between onshore/offshore but not for 190's...

As much as we have every desire to go and still can't wait, I think the stress it puts on you is not something you really expected. It could be a much more transparent process. But I think it's deliberate as a lot of the "on the fencers" would not invest in it if they knew. 

No worries at all! Sent you a DM. I often think back in hindsight if I had known how long the wait would be, whether I would still go through with it. I definitely would have but my life here in the US would have been different. I would have most likely moved somewhere that makes me happier instead of waiting in my hometown - but that's a lesson to be learned here: live your life no matter what and don't wait on anyone else. Luckily I had an unexpected 10 month contract come in last year that just now ended - and here I am still waiting... So thinking I may go ahead and move somewhere else in the US. I'll live like I'm not leaving for years. If I get the grant as soon as I do so, it'll just make for a good story. Would love to even live in another country until Australia is ready for us but don't want to complicate my visa and police checks.

• Like 1

@nomadiccarpenterWe are in the same mindset. We also discussed if we would go elsewhere to ease things up a bit, but more police checks put us off too. We should've perhaps moved about locally but no one could've predicted what has happened. Kids make it difficult, and can't believe they may need to start another year September... Ironically I wouldn't mind being in the States until then 🙂!

I will sort the group for us today. Again if I missed anyone (190's O/S) just jump in and let us know. (Preferably applicants who applied before and up to April 2020)

Best 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hey guys! 

Count me in!! 

I'm a Critical Care RN from India; lodged 190-VIC in Mar 2020 but not a single update since then. I want to cry so I might do that along with you guys! Do I need to send any DM to you @Southlander ?
Thanks!

Maybe just give them a nudge? It's difficult trying to get to a sympathetic soul at the department, but my friend managed to to that, and her processing started shortly afterwards. 

38 minutes ago, DukeNinja said:

Maybe just give them a nudge? It's difficult trying to get to a sympathetic soul at the department, but my friend managed to to that, and her processing started shortly afterwards. 

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I have contacted them many a times and tried getting their attention to my critical code and how much my skills are needed and how I'm stuck in my career bcz of all this but seems the customer care people at DHA receives plenty of similar calls every day so they will be like "hmm..okay..we understand..its terrible..will put a note for the CO.." and then nothing happens. Not sure if your friend was too lucky or they actually pay heed to her requests. 

Hi All!

Has anyones application status on their immi account changed recently? Mine was just updated from "submitted" to "received" today - definitely a positive considering I submitted my application in March 2020 and the processing time on the immi account has changed from initially 5-8 months - 8-13 and now 14-17 months. Coming on Month 16 now... so hopefully some good news. 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, NQ679 said:

Hi All!

Has anyones application status on their immi account changed recently? Mine was just updated from "submitted" to "received" today - definitely a positive considering I submitted my application in March 2020 and the processing time on the immi account has changed from initially 5-8 months - 8-13 and now 14-17 months. Coming on Month 16 now... so hopefully some good news. 

What's your occupation?

11 hours ago, NQ679 said:

Hi All!

Mine has said received for as long as I can remember… I do hope it is positive news though.  We summited 13th feb 2020 Plumber.

8 minutes ago, Smith270310 said:

@Southlander do you really think there is a possibility that we won’t hear anything for another year?! We submitted Feb 2020, I am really starting to struggle. My husband has a job offer in Adelaide, I feel like we will never get over. Life has been in limbo far too long for us already. 

Keep positive Australia needs migrants.

• Like 1

I think it's a possibility. The boarders are closed. We on this thread haven't got an exemption, if they grant us a visa, we have an exemption, thus laying more pressure on their isolation system, of which they have just capped the incoming flight numbers to deal with, as the quarantine hotels cannot handle it & cases seem to be a source from these.

If you look at the 4 part phased opening that was recently posted by the Government, things are going to move very slowly. 

Non of us have a crystal ball, I challenge any agent, forum made agent 😀 or anyone for that matter, to tell me they know whats going to happen, its just too difficult to say.

Just stay positive & save.

Hi @Smith270310

I relate to everything you are saying. We are finding it extremely hard too, living in limbo with no information coming our way. With young children as well it makes it more tougher to stay positive. I think for us our status hasn't changed for some time, but with @NQ679 saying their status changed, that may just be signs that processing is resuming. Keep in mind case officers are dotted all over and work at different speeds on their file allocations. As Joe says, just need to hang in there, who knows things just may take a postive turn.

• Like 1

Hi @Southlander

I appreciate the positivity and the update and hope everyone is keeping there heads up during this testing time.

I received my invitation in April 2019 and submitted all my documents mid 2020 then everything went quiet.

me and my wife decided to move to bali as it’s a close as we could get to oz for the meanwhile thinking we would be granted our visa but that didn’t happen , my visa agent has not been In touch for a long time either causing concern but it’s out of our hands.

would greatly appreciate if your a starting a new thread for 190 or a WhatsApp group if you could add me in.

many thanks 

Matt 

190 skilled nominated 

plumber 

Hi Matt, 

A centralised thread for 190s O/S was overdue. 👍 Citizenship questions seem to have taken over POI. Can't get away from them, I even asked the moderators to create a dedicated citizenship thread for them but don't think it was received well. 😂

It's a horrible situation for all of us. Everyone is doing, trying different things to pass time, and continue close to normal life as possible 'till we get our visas. 

I gather you applied for state nomination Apr 2019 and only received it last year sometime? Normally once state nomination is approved/granted, you have 6 weeks to apply for your main visa with the doha. 

Did you apply whilst still in the UK and went to Bali after? 

Our agents all seem to be in sit back mode, not a lot they can do for us I would think besides a nudge here and there for a response. I would though remain in contact with them if I were you just to let them know you are still about. Also if circumstances change your side, ie moved to another country you would need to advise them. If you stay in another country for 12 months you will need a police clearance from them as well as back home for your applaction. Some of us don't want to go down this road per se, but wouldn't mind being stuck in Bali.

What does make me laugh is that you can find every topic under the sun regarding migration from, family with no right seeks to stay in oz, to please help parent visas, students at their homes abroad saying their dreams of oz is shattered although they their primary motive should be studying and leaving after, but nothing, nadda for us skilled, paid upfront migrants. Go figure 🤔

44 minutes ago, Southlander said:

Hi Matt, 

A centralised thread for 190s O/S was overdue. 👍 Citizenship questions seem to have taken over POI. Can't get away from them, I even asked the moderators to create a dedicated citizenship thread for them but don't think it was received well. 😂

There are several citizenship threads running if you need one. Its not up to the Mods to start them though, its up to ordinary posters 🙂

• Like 1

Citizenship threads yes, agreed, hundreds at the mo, (Pinned, duplicated etc. Etc etc) but rather their own centralised sub forum. I.e "skilled visas", "temporary visas", "citizenship questions". Correct me if I'm wrong but citizenship is not really visa related anymore. 

Besides the above there needs to be a general tidy up of threads, sub forums (as a lot are outdated), visa categories which are either redundant or in the incorrect category. Skilled PR 189/190 v skilled temp 491/482/old 489 are not the same. Pinned topics no longer needed or read. Site could be better but if there is no desire to change we will plod along with it. 🙂 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Southlander said:

Citizenship threads yes, agreed, hundreds at the mo, (Pinned, duplicated etc. Etc etc) but rather their own centralised sub forum. I.e "skilled visas", "temporary visas", "citizenship questions". Correct me if I'm wrong but citizenship is not really visa related anymore. 

Besides the above there needs to be a general tidy up of threads, sub forums (as a lot are outdated), visa categories which are either redundant or in the incorrect category. Skilled PR 189/190 v skilled temp 491/482/old 489 are not the same. Pinned topics no longer needed or read. Site could be better but if there is no desire to change we will plod along with it. 🙂 👍

Are you interested in coming on board as a moderator? At the moment there is only really myself and Ali, we have now been in Aus years and are not up to date with a lot of the new visa's so would appreciate someone who is on the team to help in the migration section. 

Let me know and i can speak with admin.

Cal x

Hi Cal, 

I'm flattered with the offer 😁. I think when our visa is granted I may not visit the site as often, so it would not be for me thanks. 

I note you mention admin, in that case the mods are doing a sterling job and the suggestions should be directed to them.

If owners/admin would like to keep the site up to date, it would be sensible for them to put some time in doing this. It's actually a couple hours work. If not their thing, perhaps ask for feedback tlfrom posters to help with site improvements. I am definitely not up to speed on all topics, but have picked up here and there, and do know simple tweaks here and there will make a world of difference to the site. I suspect while they are getting clicks they are thinking no need to keep up with the current competition.

If the admin would like to update the site, add/edit/consolidate a few categories that would be welcomed. If not, us minions will plough through as usual. 

Having started a thread about 190s offshore, we have done off track again 😂😖

Hi All,

It seems all of us is waiting? I got my invitation for WA 190 visa on Jun 2020 and submitted my application on Jul 2020. But up to now there is nothing happen, surely I am offshore applicant, does anyone got some news??

and I also got a question. If my age is going to be 5 points less soon, so do they count the age at the point of my invitation? Or they will access again while the want to??