Citizenship Ceremony - Maribyrnong Council (VIC)

Melb2016

Hello All,

I applied for citizenship in April 2020, my application was approved in April 2021. So far so good. Have been waiting for a ceremony invitation for just under 3 months. Haven’t called the department as I know it is within the waiting times (6 months). 

Question - Has anyone in Maribyrnong council (VIC) recently been invited to a citizenship ceremony or attended one? Trying to work out wait times for the council.

Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Sorry for hijacking your post, but as a matter of curiosity, once your application has been approved can you apply for an Australian passport - or do you have to wait until after the ceremony?

As far as I know you are not a citizen until you have have had the ceremony and you have pledged the pledge, and you are then congratulated and welcomed as a citizen of Australia, with the certificate to prove it.

I was quite emotional when after nearly 18 years in Australia I became a citizen last November 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...