Transiting via Singapore

PerthLondonGirl89

Hey All,

For those who have recently flown with Singapore airlines and transitted via Singapore, were there any forms that you needed to complete prior to your flight? We have flights booked from London to Perth via Singapore in September and I have tried to make sense of what their terms say and what is required but I am not sure. 

I know we have to do the Australian Travel Declaration for Aus and G2G Pass for WA but I am not sure if I am missing anything in relation to transitting via Singapore. 

Any advice on what is required for those who have done it or those who are due to and know would be much appreciated!

Cheers

It reads like they will ask us for a health declaration before they allow us to board or perhaps check in. (second link)

Complete pre-departure health declaration

You will be screened for signs of illnesses, and asked to declare your health status at your departure airport. If you are exhibiting any symptoms of respiratory illnesses, you will not be allowed on board.

Covid-19: SIA transit flights through Singapore (singaporeair.com)

Transit through Singapore (singaporeair.com)

Thanks once again @Jon the Hat !

I don't know how I completely missed that page. I have now bookmarked it to check back in case it changes!

Loads more flights became available for September & October so I moved our November Singapore flights to a week after our Qatar flights in September. So pleased! 

Have you booked your PCR tests at Gatwick yet? I had a look at their site and their is no availability in September but I am not sure if that is due to the slots not being open yet. 

1 hour ago, PerthLondonGirl89 said:

Thanks once again @Jon the Hat !

I don't know how I completely missed that page. I have now bookmarked it to check back in case it changes!

Loads more flights became available for September & October so I moved our November Singapore flights to a week after our Qatar flights in September. So pleased! 

Have you booked your PCR tests at Gatwick yet? I had a look at their site and their is no availability in September but I am not sure if that is due to the slots not being open yet. 

Yes I have booked the PCR tests.  We booked the 12th, but actually if you select an available date (12th was the the latest when I looked) and go through to booking you can change the date to later in September..

Interesting that the availability went up.  Maybe they got a steer that the cap will go back up to 1000 per week.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes I have booked the PCR tests.  We booked the 12th, but actually if you select an available date (12th was the the latest when I looked) and go through to booking you can change the date to later in September..

Interesting that the availability went up.  Maybe they got a steer that the cap will go back up to 1000 per week.

Ahh okay thanks. I just tried it and it didn't work, but I will just check back over the next 2 months and hopefully get one booked in! 

Yeah I have no idea what it was all about. But I am just happy that we got to move the flights forward and at no extra cost. Just hope that there are no more cuts to the caps then!

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Airlines often increase flight inventories in anticipation of such changes.  But that doesn't mean that these changes will happen.  Most of the time the airlines will simply cancel those flights closer to departure.

Remember when Qantas sold lots of October 2020 international flights in anticipation of borders opening? Well they all got cancelled.

6 hours ago, rtritudr said:

Airlines often increase flight inventories in anticipation of such changes.  But that doesn't mean that these changes will happen.  Most of the time the airlines will simply cancel those flights closer to departure.

Remember when Qantas sold lots of October 2020 international flights in anticipation of borders opening? Well they all got cancelled.

I am really hoping this is not the case. The reason I ended up booking flights with Singapore is due to them supposedly booking to the current caps (obviously if caps are cut at some point this would be affected). 

When I was contemplating booking these flights there was availability every day in September and October. A couple of days later there were no flights at all throughout both months so I panicked and booked for November. And now they have appeared again...  So I think maybe it was moreso they were doing some kind of refresh of availability? In all honesty though I have no idea what it was all about and I am just guessing. I am just keeping everything crossed that I get on a plane and get back to Aus!

7 hours ago, rtritudr said:

Different airlines have different policies.  SIA are widely reported by respected travel experts to be booking to the caps, whereas others including Qatar only assume caps for the next month or so.  Hence is it interesting when a company booking to caps increases availability.  As the cut into WA from 1000 to 500 was announced as temporary it may be that they have some guidance on when this is expected to increase.