Citizenship Ceremonies for the City of Yarra

goliveira

Hi,

I passed my citizenship test on 7 April 2021, and, last week, I moved to a suburb within the City of Yarra, VIC.
I am aware that the City of Yarra is no longer allowed to hold citizenship ceremonies, but I have no idea where they would be booking the ceremonies for its residents.
Has anyone in this forum been recently invited to a ceremony while residing anywhere in the City of Yarra? (Richmond, Cremorne, etc.)
If so, was it a presential or online ceremony? If presential, where was it?

Thank you all.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, rammygirl said:

Mine did, they told me when and where the next ceremonies were planned. They do rely on a list from immigration of people eligible and confirmed I was on the list and would be on one of the next two ceremonies.  That was a while ago in SA.

Yes, the councils that still host the ceremonies have a public schedule with all the upcoming ones, and they might even confirm if your name is on the list if it's close to the date and they already have the list; however, the City of Yarra does not have a schedule and does not receive a list because they do not host ceremonies, ever.

Hence, there's no way for someone who lives in the City of Yarra to know when their ceremony will be or in which council, since it will surely not be in the City of Yarra.

Fair enough but you did say not even councils who host ceremonies can tell you.  I would have thought they would know where their residents  are usually invited for the ceremony though, presumably a bigger neighbouring council. Have you asked your local councillor, you never know they might be able to help.

• 1 year later...