Can I travel to Australia on Parent Visa at the moment?

thetoppy

Hi All,

I have been granted Parent visa Oct 2020 - (so my initial entry date is Ocr 2021)  - I'm planning to go to Australia by September 2021.
I go through the "travel exemption" page and click on PR (not sure if my visa is equal to PR yet?)

Other than this catalog I do not see anything that can be related to Parent Visa (provision) at all.

Can I book and travel to Australia at the moment? Any procedure I have to follow?if I can

41 minutes ago, thetoppy said:

Hi All,

I have been granted Parent visa Oct 2020 - (so my initial entry date is Ocr 2021)  - I'm planning to go to Australia by September 2021.
I go through the "travel exemption" page and click on PR (not sure if my visa is equal to PR yet?)

Other than this catalog I do not see anything that can be related to Parent Visa (provision) at all.

Can I book and travel to Australia at the moment? Any procedure I have to follow?if I can

What visa do you have? If it’s a 143 or 103 then it’s PR. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thetoppy said:

Hi Tulip1

I have got 143 visa 

So in this case I do not need to request the exempt travel right? just need to provide the info for the "quarantine" procedure 
So they can arrange the facility accordingly.

Thanks

No need to request the exempt card, you are free to go.  I don’t know what else you need regarding quarantine procedures but you’ll just need what any other Australian citizen/PR holder needs.  From what I’ve read, your hardest bit will be actually getting a flight and that you don’t get bumped off of it. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

No need to request the exempt card, you are free to go.  I don’t know what else you need regarding quarantine procedures but you’ll just need what any other Australian citizen/PR holder needs.  From what I’ve read, your hardest bit will be actually getting a flight and that you don’t get bumped off of it. 

Thank you so much 

9 hours ago, paulhand said:

you will need to check the details of what’s required for the state you fly into. Each has their own procedure for pre-notification. 

Just to expand a little. It's the state you arrive into from your international flight.The state you pass immigration. Not your final destination. So if you have to connect domestically this is done after you quarantine. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thetoppy said:

Thanks Paulhand and JetBlast - I will be going to Sydney, NSW  - so I think I will need to inform them of my flight details, so they can arrange the quarantine hotel (quite pricey) 

You don't need to inform anybody of your flight details. They will know nwho is on what flight. .

The airlines provide the passenger manifest to the team dealing with quarantine in that state or territory. Then the team works out which hotel to put people in to.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nemesis said:

You don't need to inform anybody of your flight details. They will know nwho is on what flight. .

Yes, you do. You need to complete an Australian Travel Declaration and the appropriate state declaration before travel. The airline will obviously also provide the manifest, but that doesn’t remove the passenger’s obligation to pre-notify. 

• Like 1