HappyHeart

Most enduring international chocolate bar

For taste and quality I don't think you can beat Lindt 

13 hours ago, Lavers said:

For taste and quality I don't think you can beat Lindt 

I’m not keen on Lindt.  I’m not keen on Thorntons either.  I don’t seem to like the more posh type of chocolate.  Give me a bar of Cadbury’s any day, closely followed by Galaxy. 

9 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I’m not keen on Lindt.  I’m not keen on Thorntons either.  I don’t seem to like the more posh type of chocolate.  Give me a bar of Cadbury’s any day, closely followed by Galaxy. 

I like Lindt.  Not too keen on the Cadbury's choc here (it's different) but the fruit and nut is OK.  A friend recently brought me some chocolate from Aldi. She's from Qld ......... no Aldi in Tasmania.  It was really nice.  Milk chocolate with lots of whole hazelnuts.  Yummy.

12 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You have British taste buds!

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

15 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I love Thornton’s and really miss it. Merci chocolate from Aldi takes a lot of beating, especially the dark chocolate one. We’ve always had a tin of Quality Street at Christmas, but I’ve gone off milk chocolates filled with fruit flavours,  just too sweet for me these days, prefer dark chocolate.

Never heard of Thorntons, Lindt is ok but nothing special.

Hard to beat Cadbury Dairy Milk.

I don't really like Ferrero Rocher and have been known to throw a box in the bin. Sick of receiving them as a present. So unimaginative. 

I want it all, and I want it now.

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I think you’re right.  Over time I’ve tried  lots of fancy chocolates, some that look amazing but taste anything but.  Even boxes from places like M&S aren’t a patch on Cadbury’s.  I’ll go through a fancy box trying some thinking I wish this was a tin of Roses.  

4 hours ago, Parley said:

Never heard of Thorntons, Lindt is ok but nothing special.

Hard to beat Cadbury Dairy Milk.

I don't really like Ferrero Rocher and have been known to throw a box in the bin. Sick of receiving them as a present. So unimaginative. 

You have good taste.  I love Cadbury’s Dairy Milk and hate Ferraro Rocher. 

• Thanks 1

I actually prefer Australian Cadbury as it isn’t as sweet.  Prefer dark chocolate and I do like Lindt.  chocolate truffles with lots of rum or chocolate coated gingers are my stand outs. 
dark choc liquorice bullets are my cheap treat.

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

This is the most enduring chocolate bar (ie the oldest while still being made today).

2021-09-16_9-52-17.jpg

1 hour ago, Parley said:

This is the most enduring chocolate bar (ie the oldest while still being made today).

2021-09-16_9-52-17.jpg

I haven't seen it for many a long year.  Thought they had stopped making it.

On 14/09/2021 at 09:36, rammygirl said:

I actually prefer Australian Cadbury as it isn’t as sweet.  Prefer dark chocolate and I do like Lindt.  chocolate truffles with lots of rum or chocolate coated gingers are my stand outs. 
dark choc liquorice bullets are my cheap treat.

And more cocoa solids, less fat.  Very little chocolate in British ‘chocolate’.

4 hours ago, Bulya said:

And more cocoa solids, less fat.  Very little chocolate in British ‘chocolate’.

You would enjoy the chocolate from our local chocolate factory Bulya.  Anvers chocolate was established as a cottage industry in November 1989 by Igor Van Gerwen who came to Tasmania from Belgium.

Edited by Toots
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toots said:

You would enjoy the chocolate from our local chocolate factory Bulya.  Anvers chocolate was established as a cottage industry in November 1989 by Igor Van Gerwen who came to Tasmania from Belgium.

I’m not saying my husband is a chocoholic, but when we visited Tasmania, we went to a chocolate shop with a cafe. He had a hot chocolate with all the trimmings and a large piece of chocolate cake. I had a coffee and sandwich. We did buy plenty of chocolates as well, and I did try to eat my share. Don’t tell the owners this supposed grown up couldn’t resist the train either.

B81EAA7A-D05B-4F73-8BAE-6204D499D9D8.jpeg

• Haha 2

If in New Zealand the chocolate factory in Dunedin is worth a visit.

On 17/06/2021 at 07:03, Parley said:

Do you mean what is your favourite @HappyHeartI

I think it is hard to go past the mars bar and the good old cadbury dairy milk chocolate.

Didn't Marianne Faithfull like a mars bar too?

17 hours ago, Parley said:

Yes it’s still sold everywhere here.  There was a Poundland near where I work thats recently closed.  Sometimes three of us girls at work would buy these for a treat to have with a mid morning cuppa.  Three in a pack for £1, bargain.  So good.

On 15/09/2021 at 17:56, simmo said:

lush!

Morrisons The Best Marc De Champagne Truffles | Morrisons

I don’t like truffles, too fancy.

6 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Noooooo.

They are very rich but you only need 1 or 2 

4 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I don't think I've ever had them but I'm not that fancy either so I'll probably go through life without ever trying them.

But I will make the point that covering something in chocolate does not automatically make it good.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

I don't think I've ever had them but I'm not that fancy either so I'll probably go through life without ever trying them.

But I will make the point that covering something in chocolate does not automatically make it good.

Truffles are lovely for a treat.  I usually get a box of them before Christmas.

Another nice chocolate is Haigh's chocolate made in Adelaide.  

• Like 2