Ping Pongers

Dan Not Dale

9 hours ago, newjez said:

The UK weather has changed alot even in the little time that I have been here, which is about twenty five years.

We used to get alot of that drizzle. You know, the sort of wet air, where you are not even sure it's raining, but everything gets wet.

Nowadays, it's a bloody Monsoon. Seriously, I've seen the rain come down so hard recently that the drains can't cope. It's often warm too when it's raining like this. It's like living in the tropics. Actually, to be honest, it's a lot like Australian rain 

Whether this is temporary or a real change I do know. But change it is.

Bucketing down in Perth at the moment. Expected to last most the day. Entire weekly forecast is for rain. Most uncommon to have such an extended duration. Love the rain myself , so no problem for me. Just unusual to have so much . Did you find Perth rain torrential?  Never thought it as such. I've seen it in FNQ and NT and Kimberley, but Perth? 

9 hours ago, newjez said:

The UK weather has changed alot even in the little time that I have been here, which is about twenty five years.

We used to get alot of that drizzle. You know, the sort of wet air, where you are not even sure it's raining, but everything gets wet.

Nowadays, it's a bloody Monsoon. Seriously, I've seen the rain come down so hard recently that the drains can't cope. It's often warm too when it's raining like this. It's like living in the tropics. Actually, to be honest, it's a lot like Australian rain 

Whether this is temporary or a real change I do know. But change it is.

We get a fair bit of that sort of weather in the autumn here in Tassie.  It's called mizzle -  half way between mist and drizzle.  I don't mind it at all.

The last few days have been fine during the day but wet during the night.  I can cope with that no problem.

53 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Isn't it just nice to feel fresh? I shower every day wherever I live. Much easier to have an essential freshen up in the shower. You don't need to over to it with the soap. I couldn't feel comfortable without a daily shower. Last time we went camping and the shower was packed up the morning we left, I couldn't wait till we got home so boiled the kettle for an all over body wash. My son and husband on the other hand can go days....

Its a woman thing. You know what i mean.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Parley said:

Its a woman thing. You know what i mean.

Not really. An unlikely candidate but are you among the trusted few males where the female gender  have  allowed you entry into the secret realm of women? {Women's business in other words). 

4 minutes ago, Blue Flu said:

Not really. An unlikely candidate but are you among the trusted few males where the female gender  have  allowed you entry into the secret realm of women? {Women's business in other words). 

Something like that.

1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

That men are dirty? 

Probably means more likely to be ill mannered as well as  foul,  You'd need to be an evolutionary psychologist, I guess to make a true sense out of it all. I guess the big question to pose would be, is what attracts women to such vile brutes at all? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Isn't it just nice to feel fresh? 

I think that fresh feeling is entirely psychological.   In the last few years, both my oh and I (at different times) have had minor ops which meant we couldn't shower for a few days (with him it was eyes, with me it was my face).  We both "topped and tailed".    My  oh is a real germophobe and was convinced he would stink after a few days but he didn't, not in the slightest.    In both cases the weather was mild, but we did go out for our usual 10,000-step walk so it wasn't like we hadn't exercised. 

49 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I think that fresh feeling is entirely psychological.   In the last few years, both my oh and I (at different times) have had minor ops which meant we couldn't shower for a few days (with him it was eyes, with me it was my face).  We both "topped and tailed".    My  oh is a real germophobe and was convinced he would stink after a few days but he didn't, not in the slightest.    In both cases the weather was mild, but we did go out for our usual 10,000-step walk so it wasn't like we hadn't exercised. 

Psychological or not, it's a feeling I value! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Enjoying a nice glass or two of pinot noir. May lead to cheeky posting.

That’s exactly what I was drinking last night watching the football.  Bit of a headache this morning.  I need about 4 mugs of tea and a plate full of toast, that will sort me out.  Cheeky posting is ok.

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

Bucketing down in Perth at the moment. Expected to last most the day. Entire weekly forecast is for rain. Most uncommon to have such an extended duration. Love the rain myself , so no problem for me. Just unusual to have so much . Did you find Perth rain torrential?  Never thought it as such. I've seen it in FNQ and NT and Kimberley, but Perth? 

I've had it rain so hard in Perth I've had to stop driving. It doesn't compare with the north, but it can be pretty heavy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, newjez said:

I've had it rain so hard in Perth I've had to stop driving. It doesn't compare with the north, but it can be pretty heavy.

I expect than can happen anywhere. It happens in Melbourne sometimes and i've been caught driving in it. Quite nerve racking to be on the roads,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, newjez said:

It can be definably rain hard, yesterday was an example. But so intense, and of such duration,  feel is not that  common though.

37 minutes ago, Blue Flu said:

It can be definably rain hard, yesterday was an example. But so intense, and of such duration,  feel is not that  common though.

Climate change?  Look at the horrendous heat currently in Canada.  The USA has frequent extreme weather.  The UK seems to be more wet and warmer.  Definitely a change going on.

34 minutes ago, Toots said:

Climate change?  Look at the horrendous heat currently in Canada.  The USA has frequent extreme weather.  The UK seems to be more wet and warmer.  Definitely a change going on.

I would not argue against climate change not happening. The evidence is out there. Just as it is for those with vested interests to be deniers. I don't detect much difference in velocity of precipitation here in Perth. But having a week of  the wet stuff is not usual. 

2 hours ago, Blue Flu said:

I would not argue against climate change not happening. The evidence is out there. Just as it is for those with vested interests to be deniers. I don't detect much difference in velocity of precipitation here in Perth. But having a week of  the wet stuff is not usual. 

It definitely feels like an unusually wet winter in Perth this year, although some work colleagues have said its more like the typical winter they experienced growing up in Perth many years ago. The ground needs a good drink so I dont mind it at all as next week will probably be back to beautiful sunny winter days

• Like 1

On 05/07/2021 at 12:26, MacGyver said:

It definitely feels like an unusually wet winter in Perth this year, although some work colleagues have said its more like the typical winter they experienced growing up in Perth many years ago. The ground needs a good drink so I dont mind it at all as next week will probably be back to beautiful sunny winter days

And filling those rainwater tanks 😁

• Like 1

On 05/07/2021 at 12:26, MacGyver said:

Wet here (ACT).  Usually one of the driest areas but all the dams are 100% full. 

• Like 2

On 05/07/2021 at 07:40, Toots said:

When has there not been Toots? I was watching a program a couple of weeks ago and the presenter was somewhere in the middle of Aus, dry as a bone, looking at some aboriginal art. Then he picks some things out of the rock, it's shells from old sea creatures.

On 05/07/2021 at 10:26, MacGyver said:

The forecast is for Perth to have met the average July rainfall by next week. Managed to get a round of golf in today with no rain. Saturday is looking OK then more cold fronts coming.

"Experts" were saying we would get less rain than usual this winter about 6 weeks ago.😆

• Like 1

On 05/07/2021 at 10:26, MacGyver said:

It certainly does. I do not record two weeks of rain, at least part of the day. But still getting sunny periods in between the showers and rain. But I like the rain. Hardly cold, so  ideal for me. Typical weather and winters past in Perth? No idea if that is so, but certainly was Down South. Not sure much has changed in that location though over time. 

• Like 1