EOI - 491 Visa

Hi, does anyone know what the best way submitting a EOI is. The 2 states we are interested in is SA/NT. We understand we have to apply to the states to be invited. (When it opens to offshore applicants). Is it best to do 1 EOI with both states selected or is there a way where we can submit 2 separate EOIs? Thank you! 

14 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

If you submit an EOI to both states in the same application you can guarantee neither will invite you.

You can submit two applications though, but it is possible for them to work out you've applied to others if they want to

Hi, thanks for this comment I find it really interesting. I have a 189/190 EOI and have actually selected 4 possible states. Do you think this is actually having a negative impact on my EOI? I submitted it in January and I believe updating changes it’s order for processing but am considering updating it to only our priority state (where my partners family are) what are your thoughts on this? 

I couldn't really comment on whether you should or not, however time and again actual agents come on here and advise against selecting multiple states as it signals to a sponsoring state that you aren't actually interested in that state, just using them as a mechanism to get to AUS.

They have limited places to offer as sponsors so they prefer someone who wants them rather than someone who "isn't bothered" who offers them sponsorship (as the person who only applies to one is more likely to stay in that state)

In your case, as you have to declare family members in Australia it's even more apparent that you'd prefer to be near family, and that it's likely you'd move to be nearer at some point once you get there

• Like 1