A question to the helpful MARA agents here or anyone who is knowledgeable.

When using an agent to lodge an EOI and eventually the visa application, as a client, is one able to view what has been submitted right from the EOI? Is this something that agents offer their clients or are meant to offer? How does the client stay on top of their application process - it is their life so a bit invested in the process as you’d imagine.

Thanks

My clients sign off on a draft of the application and I then provide copies of all submitted paperwork. It’s my job to keep clients up to date with what’s happening with their application, but it’s important to understand that often nothing happens for long periods of time. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

If you engage a RMA, let your agent manage your case. Endless queries about the status of an application (my record is 365) are pointless and sometimes counter productive.

• Like 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

18 minutes ago, wrussell said:

If you engage a RMA, let your agent manage your case. Endless queries about the status of an application (my record is 365) are pointless and sometimes counter productive.

I agree why buy a dog and bark yourself (or some other similar phrase).

That said I suppose it's fair enough to check in with your agent once a month to get an update, however my agent second guessed this approach from me and always dropped an email or call every third week.

That said that was just to keep in touch and say nothing moving, anytime something changed in the application he was in contact within the day.

Honestly let your agent do their job and don't waste their time just asking if anything has changed, they want your case over quickly too, it gives them a happy customer (which means referrals) and it means they have space to take on a new customer 

• Like 1

On 11/06/2021 at 14:26, Afrochic+61 said:

A question to the helpful MARA agents here or anyone who is knowledgeable.

When using an agent to lodge an EOI and eventually the visa application, as a client, is one able to view what has been submitted right from the EOI? Is this something that agents offer their clients or are meant to offer? How does the client stay on top of their application process - it is their life so a bit invested in the process as you’d imagine.

Thanks

Maybe not exactly what you want, but you can create own immi account and ask your agent to share application. In this case you will be able to see all updates and communications.

Stream: 186DE

Country - NL
Number of applicants: 3
Visa and Nomination applied:  October 28th 2020
IMMI Status: Received

8 hours ago, Nafanya said:

Maybe not exactly what you want, but you can create own immi account and ask your agent to share application. In this case you will be able to see all updates and communications.

Most agents refuse to do this, I know of a couple whose terms and conditions say if you do this you have effectively terminated your agreement with them for representation.

So be careful before running straight to do this, talk to your agent first. Be ready to explain why you feel you don't trust them enough and so you want to be able to spy on their progress.

Not exactly a trusting professional relationship

Clause 24 of our service agreement:

If we are informed that you have contacted relevant authorities directly, without us advising you to do so, or you decide to act on your own behalf we will cease to act in your case.

• Like 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Most agents refuse to do this, I know of a couple whose terms and conditions say if you do this you have effectively terminated your agreement with them for representation.

The reason for this is that you can attach documents and change information through the ImmiAccount.

If the Agent is not in control of what documents and information are being provided to the Department, they cannot maintain control of the application and assess requirements and issues if and when they arise.

• Like 3

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

17 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

So be careful before running straight to do this, talk to your agent first. Be ready to explain why you feel you don't trust them enough and so you want to be able to spy on their progress.
Not exactly a trusting professional relationship

I think each of us has interpreted it from absolutely different perspectives.
1)Initially client cannot do anything at all without his agent, only agent can share an application with client`s Immi account.
2)Client will not be able to contact DOHA as his agent is the only authorized person to do so.
3)In the same time client can control himself what is going on, status changes if any, etc. without bothering his agent.

The only valid point against it is what @Raul Senise just mentioned:

14 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

The reason for this is that you can attach documents and change information through the ImmiAccount. 

If the Agent is not in control of what documents and information are being provided to the Department, they cannot maintain control of the application and assess requirements and issues if and when they arise.

But first of all you should be an idiot to do something like this and as also was mentioned above it can be easily covered by one short string in the contract.
I`m not an agent, but personally I see more pros than cons in sharing application with the client.

• Sad 1

Stream: 186DE

Country - NL
Number of applicants: 3
Visa and Nomination applied:  October 28th 2020
IMMI Status: Received

5 hours ago, Nafanya said:

I think each of us has interpreted it from absolutely different perspectives.
1)Initially client cannot do anything at all without his agent, only agent can share an application with client`s Immi account.
2)Client will not be able to contact DOHA as his agent is the only authorized person to do so.
3)In the same time client can control himself what is going on, status changes if any, etc. without bothering his agent.

The only valid point against it is what @Raul Senise just mentioned:

But first of all you should be an idiot to do something like this and as also was mentioned above it can be easily covered by one short string in the contract.
I`m not an agent, but personally I see more pros than cons in sharing application with the client.

You are wrong that only an agent can share the application. If you know the application number (through whatever means) you can register your own account and import the application into it, no input from your agent is required at all, they will however be notified you have done it.

4 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

You are wrong that only an agent can share the application. If you know the application number (through whatever means) you can register your own account and import the application into it, no input from your agent is required at all, they will however be notified you have done it.

Actually, they are right in some cases. Partner visa applications do need to be shared by their author and cannot just be imported unilaterally by someone else. Most other applications can, but it’s not a good idea. 

• Thanks 1

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.