Chelsearoxanna

Sponsoring someone after being sponsored. Help please

I applied for my 820 in March 2017

820 granted jan 7 2018

801 applied 1st March 2019

801 granted 15th Aug 2019 (perm resident) 

when can I sponsor my partner who is in England to stay in Australia? De facto relationship with proof. 

is there a 5 year wait? When does the 5 year wait start? Can I get the wait removed for some reason? 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Chelsearoxanna said:

when can I sponsor my partner who is in England to stay in Australia? De facto relationship with proof. 

Yes there is a 5 year wait.  The 5 years is counted from the date you applied for your 801 visa.

The waiting time is sometimes waived but you have to show very compelling reasons.  

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

17 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Yes there is a 5 year wait.  The 5 years is counted from the date you applied for your 801 visa.

The waiting time is sometimes waived but you have to show very compelling reasons.  

Are you sure it’s the 801 and not the 820?

820/801 are applied for on  the same date.The paperwork for the 801 (if required) does not count as a separate application. 

• Like 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

2 hours ago, wrussell said:

820/801 are applied for on  the same date.The paperwork for the 801 (if required) does not count as a separate application. 

That’s what I thought. I just wanted to clarify! Thank you