Jon the Hat

It's starting to kick in now...

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Have you registered for DFAT as well?  I got link to book in June to Brisbane yesterday.

Yeah we have just registered for DFAT so that is yet another back up! 

On 09/06/2021 at 15:41, Jon the Hat said:

SIA is £5k for three adult (12+) seats and a child.

Hi @Jon the Hat,

Did you book you SIA through SIA themselves or did you use an agent? Looking at SIA it is currently £4,500 for the 4 of us with flexibility etc. charges to cancel not too much. I did also contact an agent as well and they are quoting £5,200 now I don't mind the price difference at all if it gives us a better chance and they have to make money some how but in the small print they have a lot of large cancellation fee's and admin fee's to change. Just wondered how you went about doing it that's all. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Craig Colas said:

Hi @Jon the Hat,

Did you book you SIA through SIA themselves or did you use an agent? Looking at SIA it is currently £4,500 for the 4 of us with flexibility etc. charges to cancel not too much. I did also contact an agent as well and they are quoting £5,200 now I don't mind the price difference at all if it gives us a better chance and they have to make money some how but in the small print they have a lot of large cancellation fee's and admin fee's to change. Just wondered how you went about doing it that's all. Thanks!

We booked direct with SIA; full flexibility but I think £70 each to cancel.  We paid just under £5k for four of us but our daughter is old enough to be full adult price.

I believe they are only booking real seats so should be fine to book direct.

PR (100) Planning to move to Perth September 2021

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

We booked direct with SIA; full flexibility but I think £70 each to cancel.  We paid just under £5k for four of us but our daughter is old enough to be full adult price.

I believe they are only booking real seats so should be fine to book direct.

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought just £70 to cancel. Hope it all goes ok for you!!