Jump to content

Working Holiday Visa

Recommended Posts


I have applied for a skills assessment for teaching, but unfortunately as my degree is only a 3 year teaching degree they won’t accept it. Instead I have applied for a working holiday visa. I am just curious if there is anyone who has done the same and submitted documents. The only one I’ve not got so to speak is my birth certificate with my parents names on, as the certificate itself doesn’t show it. Does this matter? If it does, it asks to give a family book with proof of parents on it. Does anyone know what this is?


Thanks in advance, 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t know what a family book is, then it’s likely not applicable to you. Assuming you were born in the UK, you can request a copy of your full birth certificate, which does have your parents name on it. 


Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now