Balance of family test

ScottyM

On reading the balance of family test criteria for a parent visa, i notice it mentions step children being under 18 years of age. Does anyone know if this means step children who are nearly in their 40's are not included in the test? I was under the impression they are but after reading this more fully i'm a bit confused as to whether they are or not.

Many thanks

Scott.

1 hour ago, ScottyM said:

On reading the balance of family test criteria for a parent visa, i notice it mentions step children being under 18 years of age. Does anyone know if this means step children who are nearly in their 40's are not included in the test? I was under the impression they are but after reading this more fully i'm a bit confused as to whether they are or not.

Many thanks

Scott.

If the step child over 18 is the child of your current partner then they are included in the balance of family test regardless of age. If the step child is the child of an old partner (as in not your current one) then they’re not included unless under 18. 

• Thanks 1