Submitting multiple EOI - How to

Hi there,

I submitted a EOI a few months back for South Australia but just wanted to know if it's also possible to submit a secondary one with a different region and what the implications might be (If any).

Also, will I need to create a new skill Select account to submit a secondary with a different region?

Cheers

On 04/06/2021 at 21:52, skizza83 said:

Hi there,

I submitted a EOI a few months back for South Australia but just wanted to know if it's also possible to submit a secondary one with a different region and what the implications might be (If any).

Also, will I need to create a new skill Select account to submit a secondary with a different region?

Cheers

Yes that’s fine, no implications.  It is the only way to apply for a subset of states.  You will need a new account and get a new EOI number.

Make sure you write down your EOIs and passwords, it can be a bit confusing when you get an email to know which account it is referring to.

On 07/06/2021 at 12:38, mt9754 said:

Yes that’s fine, no implications.

@mt9754, I think you are wrong.   When you apply for a state, that state wants to know that you have chosen that state because you genuinely want to live there, and if they give you a visa, you will stay in that state long-term.  If you apply to other states too, they know that, and they will decide there's too much risk you will go somewhere else. So none of them will invite you.

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

@mt9754, I think you are wrong.   When you apply for a state, that state wants to know that you have chosen that state because you genuinely want to live there, and if they give you a visa, you will stay in that state long-term.  If you apply to other states too, they know that, and they will decide there's too much risk you will go somewhere else. So none of them will invite you.

I can confirm this. Victoria I known for rejecting potential migrants that submit an EOI to multiple states.

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

If you submit one EOI and choose all states then you won't get picked by any of them as they all have their own systems in place.  However, there is no harm in submitting separate EOIs to different states.  There is nothing wrong with expressing interest in 2 visas, 2 states or even 2 countries?

Edited by mt9754

15 minutes ago, mt9754 said:

If you submit one EOI and choose all states then you won't get picked by any of them as they all have their own systems in place.  However, there is no harm in submitting separate EOIs to different states.  There is nothing wrong with expressing interest in 2 visas, 2 states or even 2 countries?

Considering that a professional agent has told you otherwise, I would take his advice seriusly.