Date to apply citizenship

u.zaki@outlook.com

Hello

the residency calculator is saying i am eligible to apply now but Immi account not letting apply saying not yet meeting eligibility

so,

Date of intent to apply: 31-May-2021

Date of PR: 21-APR-2017

Dates of travel:

28-Apr-2017 to 13-May-2018

23-Jun-2018 to 26-Jun-2018

25-Dec-2018 to 8-Jan-2019

3-Aug-2019 to 8-Aug-2019

When can i apply for citizenship as Residency calculator isnt giving correct advice?

Thanks Guys

3 hours ago, u.zaki@outlook.com said:

Thanks mate.. does the day you exit or enter count as a day in residency calculation? 

My understanding is that it's based on whether or not you were in Australia at midnight at the end of that day. This should therefore mean that the day you exit you are not in Australia (since you departed before midnight) but the day you enter you are in Australia (since you arrived before midnight).

16 hours ago, u.zaki@outlook.com said:

Hello

the residency calculator is saying i am eligible to apply now but Immi account not letting apply saying not yet meeting eligibility

so,

Date of intent to apply: 31-May-2021

Date of PR: 21-APR-2017

Dates of travel:

28-Apr-2017 to 13-May-2018

23-Jun-2018 to 26-Jun-2018

25-Dec-2018 to 8-Jan-2019

3-Aug-2019 to 8-Aug-2019

When can i apply for citizenship as Residency calculator isnt giving correct advice?

Thanks Guys

16 hours ago, welljock said:

You're trying to do it on the exact date you become eligible, the immi account doesn't like that; try again tomorrow and it'll probably work

Hi Wel

the time spend out of country after PR, will it not allow me to apply this year? Although i was a permanent resident during that time 

You will need to add any time spent away OVER 12 months on at the end. I can’t be bothered to calculate it all, look back 4 years from now and ensure you have spent at least three years actually in Australia (you are allowed up to 12 months out).

Also try applying again as suggested the day after you think you qualify.

28 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

You will need to add any time spent away OVER 12 months on at the end. I can’t be bothered to calculate it all, look back 4 years from now and ensure you have spent at least three years actually in Australia (you are allowed up to 12 months out).

Also try applying again as suggested the day after you think you qualify.

thanks Rammy

can you do the calculation for me please?

I added in the dates into the calculator but changed the date of PR to 22 April 2017 and that came up as not eligible but to try again on the 1/6/2021. Going by what people have said before the immi site sometimes makes you wait a day or two over the actual day of eligibility. So a couple of days patience and it'll be OK